Scary Movie (Because Randy Insisted)

Start from the beginning

I raised an eyebrow at him but didn't pry. He likely forgot that he hadn't been to my house yet. I assumed that he got invited over by a bunch of other people before; it probably gets confusing.

First world problems.

I took out a pen from my bag and ripped a corner of parchment out of a notebook. I scribbled my address down, hoping that the rushed handwriting was somewhat legible. "I'll put my number on here, too," I told him. 

He barely glanced at the paper as he stuffed it into his pocket. "Great. See you tomorrow."

"See ya." 

+++

"So, why did we agree to see that shitshow again?" Stu asked as we all left the theater. 

"Because Randy insisted," Tatum responded, rolling her eyes. 

"It wasn't that bad," Randy butted in. "It was just underwhelming, that's all." 

I shook my head. "What a waste of five bucks. Sorry, Randy."

Randy gave me a look but didn't say anything. I assumed that there was a lot he didn't say. 

"Well, at least it passed some time," said Sidney, attempting to lighten the mood. "It wasn't a total waste." 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Billy muttered. He brushed his greasy brown hair out of his eyes. The man desperately needed a decent shampoo. 

"Boy, you need to wash your hair," I said, eyeing the stringiness with disgust. 

Billy smirked. "And if I don't?"

"If you don't, I will personally shave not just your hair, but also your eyebrows." 

Stu snorted. "She means business," he said with mock severity. 

"I'm going to hold you to that promise," Tatum told me. "Seriously, he really needs to wash that hair. It's so gross." 

Sidney giggled. "It's like Clueless. They put in no effort and we're expected to swoon?"

Tatum tutted. "I don't think so!" she singsonged. 

"Hey, take it easy!" Billy was smiling now. "If it would so appease you, (Y/N), I'll wash my hair as soon as I get home."

"Good. You'll be doing the world a load of favors, Loomis," I told him, pasting on my most cloyingly sweet smile. 

As we walked through the mall, we passed a glass elevator going down a couple of floors. I could've sworn I saw a boy doing some hardcore dance moves inside of it, but Billy distracted me as he said, "I'm starving. Let's stop by the food court."

I rolled my eyes. "Didn't you gorge yourself on popcorn like, ten minutes ago?"

"It doesn't last long," he shrugged. 

Stu nodded in agreement. "I could go for some Auntie Anne's," he said, rubbing his hands together as he licked his lips. Tatum let out an exasperated sigh. 

"Honestly, if cinnamon pretzels are in the equation, I'm all for getting some food," I admitted. 

"I second that," Randy added. 

"Alright, let's go then," said Tatum. 

+++

I was dropped off at my house around five thirty, giving me just barely enough time to relax and recharge before dinner. 

"I'm home!" I hollered as I shut our front door and took off my shoes. I took the stairs two-at-a-time as I bounded up to my bedroom. After shutting the door, I collapsed onto my bed, sighing deeply. 

Riiiing!

I heard the landline ring from another part of the house. A moment later, my sibling barged in. 

Ever heard of knocking?

"It's someone named Billy," they told me, handing me the receiver. 

"Alright, sweetheart, I'm about to wash my hair. I figured you'd want to know."

I could feel his shit-eating grin through the phone. 

"About to? Call me back when you've actually used shampoo." 

"What, don't you trust me?"

"Haha, no. Go take your shower, buddy."

"Hmm, I don't know. Now I kinda wish you were here with me," he drawled.

"Aaaand, that's my cue to leave. Have fun," I said, turning bright red as I hung up. "Dang, that was pretty bold, bud," I muttered, feeling awkward. Incredibly awkward. The last time someone flirted with me that shamelessly...well...

Well.

In any event, he'd just broken up with Sidney. He probably wasn't being serious. No one could move on that fast. That's what I told myself, at least. 

"(Y/N)! Dinner!" My mom called, snapping me out of my reverie.

"Coming!" I shouted. I'd have to argue with myself about Loomis's intentions later. For now, all of my mental energy had to go into pretending I liked Mom's chicken casserole. This was simply not a time for multitasking. 

+++

Author's Note: Sorry if you liked the fourth Children of the Corn movie! I just looked up some reviews for it, and a lot of them were negative, so I was basing everyone's reactions off of that. Personally, I've never seen the movie, so I can't really put forth an opinion. My dad constantly references the first film though, so there's that XD. And yes, I totally referenced the "kid in an elevator" vine; what did I say about that app being my weakness?

-Bunn.