Chapter 11 - Mama Organa

Start from the beginning

He walked around the table and slammed Kylo against his chest. Their love consumed me, and tears slipped down my cheeks. Kylo felt appreciated, his father's hug actually surprising him.

I felt Leia's eyes on me and I looked up to meet them.

At that moment, she didn't care who I was. She didn't care who Kylo was. She only cared about having him back. I felt my face contort; I was emotional. The three people's emotions were slamming into me from all directions. I looked back at the table, trying to focus on my own emotions.

"Rjea?" Kylo asked. I looked up at him.

"Sorry. Er, a lot of emotions, my Lord," I said, a smile dancing on my lips, my eyes wet with unshed tears.

"Your emotions?" Leia asked, clearly aware something wasn't right about my tears.

I shrugged. "Some. Mostly yours though," I said, motioning to the three.

"Then my Lady should sit down," Kylo said, walking toward a chair and pulling it out. I smiled at him, then remembered I was holding his mask. I put it on a table against the wall and walked over, sitting down. He took the seat to my left, Han across from him, and Leia at the head of the table, to Kylo's left.

"What happened son?" Han asked.

I listened while Kylo spoke to his parents, a burden lifting from his heart. I ate and sipped wine silently, answering a couple questions directed at me. But they weren't interested in me at the moment, and that was perfectly fine. I watched Leia, her grace and intensity was inspiring. I wasn't sure if I'd ever look so graceful.

A servant came and filled up my glass again and I smiled up at them. They grinned. Pleased, I smelled the wine and drank. It was my third glass.

I was casually looking around when I felt Leia's energy shift. I looked at her. She was looking at me. I tried to recall what they'd been talking about. Our battle on the Supremacy. She was studying my face.

Oh, I see. She had realized who I was, Kylo had probably talked about Thrawn.

"Your mother was an incredible woman, Rjea."

I smiled fondly. "She's here," I said. "Not here, here. But they won't leave for the Ascendancy until after we come to a conclusion, and I broadcast the results to the First Order."

"What are you wishing for then, Rjea?"

I chewed my words. "I want this war to end."

"We do not have similar views, my Lady."

I smiled, looking at Kylo, remembering when I'd told him the same thing. His eyes sparkled. I felt his parent's confusion at our silent exchange. Finally, I looked back at the queen.

"It's called negotiation for a reason, ma'am."

"What was that?" Han asked, flailing a hand around at us.

I chuckled. I liked a person who could be up front. "When Kylo asked me to rule with him, I told him the same thing you just told me," I said, looking at Leia.

"And yet, here you are."

I shrugged, picking up my glass again. "We compromised. And we'll learn as we go."

"Have you put in any thought to your title?" Kylo asked after a pause.

I sighed. "As appealing as a strong title like Empress sounds, it's not really accurate. What I have pictured feels more like a senator."

Leia looked at me seriously. "Then be chancellor."

"The last chancellor of the old Republic didn't exactly leave the title untarnished."