No Way in Hell

Almost two whole years had passed between them with nothing fun going on. Life had its ups and downs of course, but nothing really bad had happened. At one point, Alcina and Y/n got into a pretty bad fight, but Karl had Y/n's back the whole time and wasn't about to let anything happen to her. Today had already proven to be different; Y/n woke up nauseous and feeling like the world was tilting in the wrong direction. 

   She thought it was Karl's phone ringing loudly through the room, but even as she picked it up, the horrible feeling persisted.

   "Hello? Mother Miranda?" Y/n said sleepily into the phone. She heard Mother Miranda giggle lightly on the other end.

   "Good morning Y/n. Is my son not awake?" Her voice sounded patient but hard, like she was trying not to lose her control over herself. Y/n set the phone on the table and walked back over to the bed, poking Karl in the back.

   "Karl wake up, Mother Miranda is on the phone." Y/n leaned over him as he stirred and whispered, "I would hurry, she sounds....off." Karl sat up and groaned, planting a sleepy kiss on Y/n's lips before standing and walking to the phone. He picked it up and began speaking; at some point in the conversation, Karl's back straightened and he perked up, as if on high alert.

   "You're doing this now? No, of course I trust you, but...no, I understand. I'll be there soon." Karl set the phone softly on the receiver, standing there staring at the wall. "Bitch...can't even have a decent morning with my girlfriend." He turned slowly to look at Y/n. "Mother Miranda is off on her adventure. Care to join me to see her off?"

   "Adventure? What kind of adventure would Mother Miranda be doing?" Y/n walked over to their little make-shift closet and chose a dress that Karl had made for her- a corset with lace sleeves, little gears around the top and her waist, and a flowing skirt attached. It was one of her favorites. Karl stood still and watched her get dressed, his eyes wandering over every part of her body, his eyes filled with love and a desire to stay in bed for just a little longer...He snapped out of it when she was done.

   "Well, I'm sure she's told you of how her own child died many many years ago...there's this American, Ethan Winters, and he just had a baby with his wife. There's something...different about him, but no one is sure what exactly it is." He lit up a cigar as he spoke. The scent of the cigar made Y/n's nausea even worse, but she said nothing. "So Miranda's plan is to capture his wife, Mia, take her form and live with him long enough to find a reason to come out here with him and that baby and use the megamycete to bring her kid back. We're gonna help her out once he gets here." Karl started getting ready, fixing his hat on his head and his sunglasses on his face as the last part of his near-daily outfit. He put the cigar out on the table and leaned forward to kiss Y/n, but his cologne combined with cigar smoke nearly made her puke, her face going pale and her body doubling over with gagging.

   "I-I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me this morning, my stomach just feels weird and I wanna cry and throw up..." Against her will power she began crying, and Karl immediately took her into his arms, holding her close and kissing the top of her head. 

   "Do you think maybe it's your, uh...time?" Karl said awkwardly. They had lived together almost two years and he still couldn't bring himself to say 'period' or mention anything about her menstrual cycle. This made Y/n laugh, and she wiped the tears away from her eyes.

   "It could be, I mean, it is supposed to start soon. This is just worse than normal." She buried her face in his chest, now finding his scents comforting. After a few minutes, they pulled away from each other and Karl brushed a few stray strands of hair behind her ear, placing a light kiss on her forehead.

   "Alright, let's go wish Mother Miranda a happy journey. And secretly wish she dies." They laughed quietly together and shared a kiss before walking off. They met Mother Miranda by a small path that led out of the village, her other children there. She was meeting Donna for the first time and they became fast friends, talking about life in the village, past loves, and a shared love of children. Mother Miranda was making small speeches for each child in question, and Y/n was quite surprised when Mother Miranda made one for her as well.

   "Y/n...dear Y/n, when you entered the village a few years ago, you were just another devotee...but now you are happily living with my dearest son, Heisenberg, and seem to be a good fit for each other. He is known to be rash and indecisive...sit with him and keep him calm." She gave Y/n one of the gentlest hugs she'd ever received. "Oh, and congratulations by the way." Mother Miranda said, leaving her and Karl confused.

   "Pardon me Mother Miranda, but congrats on what?" Karl said, taking a nervous puff of his cigar. Miranda looked between them both before smiling and laying a hand on Y/n's stomach.

   "On the baby, of course. Do everything you can to keep it healthy." With everyone standing in stunned silence, Mother Miranda made her way out of the village. Alcina turned to Y/n with a sour expression. 

   "So, you're good for more than just decoration. How interesting." She began walking away. "I suppose it could always be Mother Miranda's back up plan." She smirked before disappearing around a bend in the road. Donna and Angie made their congratulations before leaving as well, leaving Moreau standing there and staring at them both. There was an odd sense of displeasure in his eyes as he gazed at Heisenberg, but he said nothing and he waddled away. Karl turned to Y/n.

   "Congrats on the baby?" Karl's voice was soft, like he was afraid she might run away. Y/n just stood there and stared at him, just as confused as he was.

   "I mean...I guess that..I don't...." Y/n couldn't bring herself to speak. Karl swung his hammer over his shoulder with a hard glint in his eyes. 

   "I can tell you right now, super-sized bitch better have been joking about my baby becoming Miranda's." He stared at the spot Alcina had last been, a deep hatred filling his eyes. Something about the way he said 'my baby' made Y/n's heart flutter. She was having a baby. With Karl. An actual baby. She found herself giggling and she hugged Karl tight, feeling more secure and safe in his arms than she ever had before.