SUBTLE NATURE OF DHARMA

Start from the beginning

Yogeshwar says - Do you even know satya-asatya ? Dharm-adharm ? Like a stupid kid you have taken such an oath, and now you will kill your elder brother for such a nonsense vow ?

Krishna seriously lashes out at Arjun for this. But agar humare Bholenath ke baad koi bhola hai toh woh hai humare Parth

 But agar humare Bholenath ke baad koi bhola hai toh woh hai humare Parth

Arjun doesn't get what his Madhav is saying. So Krishna tells Arjun a story about a sage named Kaushiki, who had taken an oath to never speak a lie in his life.

One day in his hermitage, some villagers came running from the bandits. They hid in his aashram and asked him to not tell about their whereabouts to them.

When the bandits came, Rishi Kaushiki fell into an ethical dilemma or in our words ⚡DHARM-SANKAT⚡

The sage thought that, not much time is left before he dies, telling a lie would be breaking his lifelong oath of only speaking the truth and his punya would be destroyed and he wouldn't get Swarg.

Thus Rishi Kaushiki told the truth and the bandits killed the villagers. So when the sage died and found himself in front of Yamraj, he was sent to hell.

Because although he spoke truth his entire life, his punya was destroyed because he didn't lie. Had he lied, those innocent people would've been saved.

So for the protection of innocent, lying is also righteous, breaking an oath is also right. Such is the subtle nature of Dharma.

Now after hearing this tale Arjun comes to know what Krishna meant. But ⚔️KSHATRIYAS BEING KSHATRIYAS⚔️ he had to fulfill the vow.

Then Krishna gives a solution and tells Arjun that according Shashtras, if the ones deserving respect are disrespected then it's equivalent to their death.

And in Hindi when we are talking to respected person or elderly we use 'Aap' and when talking to someone not respected we use 'Tu', similarly in Sanskrit 'Aap' is 'Bhavaam' and 'Tu' is 'Tvam'.

So Arjun for the first time addresses Yudhishthir as 'Tvam' and pours his entire anger out at him, that - Yudh 'teri' wajah se huya ! Hum lad rahe hai fir bhi 'tu' humari avhelna kar raha hai..... And so on....

Now this was Krishna's clever plan, Arjun's anger was also vented out and oath was also kept. But when his anger vanished, Arjun being Narottam was completely guilt-ridden.

Arjun says - I have insulted my Jyesht ! I cannot live now ! How can such words leave my mouth for him !? I must die !

He's like -

And Krishna's like -

Being the Taranhara, Krishna tells Arjun that someone who boasts about themselves is also considered dead by the Shashtras and asks him to boast about himself

Arjun then starts boasting about his skills, now everything was sorted then he touches Yudhishthir's feet and goes off to kill Karn.

This episode although humourous has probably the most important teaching of Mahabharat. That breaking vows or lying for the greater good, for the protection of innocent, is also Dharma.

And let me quote - Chhal ka aashay yadi Dharm hai, toh chhal bhi Dharm hai.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

A person who boasts is considered dead...... Now you know where Mrityunjay Karn comes from ?

 Now you know where Mrityunjay Karn comes from ?