An Imposter Among Us

Start from the beginning

"Who's Rick Twittler?" Bose asked the two Manchesters. "Who's Rick Twittler?" Ray repeated as he turned to the group behind him only to get another rusty spoon to the face. "Ow! Stop it!" He exclaimed as he pointed to Chapa.

Eliza threw another punch and almost hit Ray, so he took the VR goggles off of her head. "Hey!" She pouted as Ray put a picture of Rick Twittler on the Man's Nest screen.

Eliza automatically made her way towards Bose and she interlocked their fingers, causing a smile to form on Bose's face as they both felt butterflies. "That's Rick Twittler. Computer genius who created TwitFlash." Captain Man said.

"Love TwitFlash." Bose said with a smile and Eliza nodded. "Same." She said as Chapa agreed.

"It's a toxic community." Miles said as he looked between his friends. "That's why I love it." Chapa shrugged.

"Yeah, well Rick Twittler was the opposite. Once he realised how social media ruined the world, he created a living computer virus to destroy the internet forever. Check it out." Ray explained and put up a video of the virus he and Kid Danger fought.

"I am virus. I spread and destroy."

Eliza shivered at the voice. She found it creepy for some odd reason. Bose noticed her small shiver and started tracing circles on the back of her hand with his thumb, causing a small blush to form and Eliza's cheeks.

"That's it?" Mika asked as she pointed to the screen. "What do you mean that's it? Those viruses were terrifying." Ray said.

"Well, yeah they are, but who really cares if someone destroys the internet?" Mika asked and her friends agreed.

"The world runs on the internet. Without it everything's chaos. Food shortages, power outages, no more Vidja games, no more, Lord help me if you throw one more rusty spoon at me." Ray said to Chapa as she was about to throw another rusty spoon. Eliza silently laughed at the look her father was giving the red haired girl.

"Humanity has existed for tens of thousands of years before the internet so I think we'd be fine." Miles said with a chuckle and Ray mocked him. "Ok, then why don't I just turn off our internet right now?" He asked as he walked over to a box labeled 'the internet'.

"Go ahead, old man." Miles said as he crossed his arms over his chest as Ray glared at him. "Welcome back to the dark ages." He said as he pulled the switch and smirked.

"Warning: internet down!"

All the kids started panicking as Schwoz came out wearing a robe and he had a towel over his head and he was holding a shower head. "What happened to the internet?! I was taking a wireless shower!" He exclaimed as he pointed to the shower head he was holding.

"I turned it off." Ray said as Schwoz walked over to him. "But I can't download water without the internet. Now turn it back on, Ray!" Schwoz shouted as he waved his arms everywhere.

"Ok, ok. Calm down." Ray said and turned the internet back on.

"Internet back on."

A little bit of water came out of the shower head and splashed Schwoz in the face. He turned the shower off and looked up at Ray. "Thank you." He said before walking out of the room.