"Oh stop it! Oh, I'm making dinner right now, would you care to join us?" She invites him in and he begins to take off his shoes.

"I'd love to eat your cooking, if you don't mind." He grins, flashing a menacing glare to me. I growl under my breath.

"Of course! You know we love to have you over." My dad wraps his arm around Jungwon and messes up his hair, making Jungwon laugh.

Yang Jungwon knows I hate when he comes over. My parents, despite adopting ME, adore Jungwon like their own son. It's always been a competition between him and I for my parents' love. Getting praise from my mom and dad is like winning a Noble Prize in our eyes.

Like this one year, it was my moms birthday, and I got her a new purse and a gift card to her favorite makeup store...

Yang Jungwon got her a bouquet of flowers, a designer purse, and a lifetime membership to her favorite makeup store.

Yeah. He's that type of person.

~

I'm laying on my bed, glaring at Jungwon as he sits at my desk doing homework as we wait for my mom to finish cooking dinner.

Jungwon and I's relationship is pretty weird. We hate each other, clearly, but we grew up with each other so were pretty close. We compete with each other. Tease each other. But sometimes we'll help each other, comfort one another. We rarely have deep talks though, so I don't ever really know what he's thinking or feeling. He's a bit hard to read at times.

He's a bit stuck up, but if I ever hear someone else say he is, I'd definitely defend him and call them out on their bullshit.

I still don't like him, though.

"...You came over just to study?" I ask in a monotone voice.

"Yeah, my sisters music is too loud over there. Just pretend I'm not here." His back is to me as he continues to write, but I can hear the smile in his voice.

I sigh, rolling on my bed from side to side. "Ugh!! But I was planning on watching porn on full BLAST!—"

He throws a notebook at me, making me laugh. "NO YOU WEREN'T DON'T SAY THAT YOU WEIRDO!" He shouts with red cheeks.

I sit up and twirl the notebook in my hands. "Fine. But you better leave after dinner, I was planning on drawing and I like to do it on my own." I huff.

He stops working and spins in my chair to face me. "Yeah yeah, you're an artist I get it. Though, you really should focus on studying more. How are you going to get into college with your grades?"

"My grades are perfectly fine!!!"

"With Cs and Ds, you play no sports,—"

"I hate sweating—"

"—and don't participate in school events—"

"People are annoying—"

"—You don't do any community service—"

"My service to the community is putting my trash in trash bins. Why would I pick up the litter of those who failed to do so?—"

"—and you don't date so you're unpopular with guys—"

"How does my love life affect college!?"

"You won't have an interesting entrance essay to write about heartache like I will."

"I thought you said Sun-Hee didn't break your heart."

"She didn't."

"...Then who would you write about, your mother!?" I tease, standing up and kicking him in the shin. He yelps in pain, hunching over as he holds his leg.

"If anything, I'll write about the struggles of wearing braces at 17–No, I'll write about the struggles of being neighbors with you and how wearing braces makes it ten times more unbearable! You're like a poking wire in my mouth." I stick out my tongue and push my finger into my left cheek.

He looks up with teary eyes, massaging his shin. "I'm only trying to help youuuuu!"

"Help my ass." I hiss, leaving my room.

"You know, you're mouth is already dirty with metal! You shouldn't make it even dirtier with the amount of cuss words you say!!"

"I COULDNT GIVE A SHIT!"

"Y/n, sweetheart! Don't curse!!"

This was a daily thing Yang Jungwon and I did. We'd tease and insult each other, but my mom says we do it out of love...Yeah right.

Yeah right