Chapter 43: Fallen Pride

Start from the beginning

"Okay. But I'm coming to the lobby with you. I want to meet this new bodyguard."

I laughed as we headed for the elevator and made our way to the lobby area where my new bodyguard, Jordan, was waiting.

He was a tall, muscular guy with a light complexion, luscious green eyes and was very handsome to look at.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Hollen," Jordan said upon seeing my dad and I walking towards him. He extended his hand and dad shook his firmly.

"Miss. Hollen, thank you once again for the opportunity of being your bodyguard."

"You better do a good job of protecting my daughter," my father warned before I could get anything out.

"Oh, trust me, sir, I would with my life, or else my uncle would kick my ass."

"And your uncle is?"

"Kenneth. He recommended me to Miss Hollen."

"Oh. Well, my mind is at ease now. Take my daughter home."

"Yes, sir."

~

Jordan and I walked towards the parking lot where my car was located. He inspected the exterior of the vehicle then the interior before allowing me to enter into the back. He got behind the driver's wheel, started the car and drove me home.

~

Reaching my home, he parked, got out, got the door for me and I got out as well.

I had to admit, I missed the gesture of having the door held open for me and someone driving me around.

"So, I trust you read what is required of you as my bodyguard?" I asked him.

"Yes, Miss. Hollen."

"Okay. On Saturdays and Sundays, it's usually your days off but next Saturday..."

"You have an event aboard your grandfather's yacht, and as your bodyguard, I'll be there to ensure your safety."

"Wow. I'm impressed."

He smiled sweetly at me and led me to the front door.

"I'll be in my section of the property. If you need me, I'm a one buzz away."

"You seem so congenial about the job. Have you been a bodyguard before?"

"I have."

"To who?"

"I can't release that information. What I can tell you, it was a celebrity."

"Interesting."

"Have a good evening, Miss. Hollen."

"You too, Jordan."

He watched and waited until I entered my home before he left to his apartment which was previously occupied by Kyle.

Getting to my bedroom, I retrieved Jordan's folder with all his information.

Jordan Meadows. Age twenty-seven. His address was to that of next door neighbors with Aunt Jackie.

"Damn it! Kyle probably knows him," I said to myself. I read on and when I was through, I placed his file on the nightstand.

My chef had prepared my dinner for he left for the day. I took a shower, put on a robe and went down to eat.

I buzzed Jordan and he came over quickly.

"Hi. I had the chef prepared dinner. Here's your plate," I said.

"Oh, thanks so much. I, was rather hungry. I suck at cooking," he said. He took the plate and started eating.

"Jordan, you can have a seat," I offered with a laugh. He smiled at sat across from me.

~

After dinner, Jordan went back to his apartment and I went upstairs.

~

Jordan was great so far. He was always on time to my pickups in the mornings and afternoons after work. Tiff was fond of him and of course, she started with her cupid teasing.

"That's a road I'm not heading in again," I told her on Friday evening. We were having drinks after work.

"He does seem like your type though."

"He is cute and all that.. but, I'm good on that."

I eyed Jordan who was standing in the corner a few feet away.

"He seems to be taking his job very seriously. Reminds of one of those security service agents for the president."

We laughed as we downed our last drink and had our last slices of pepperoni pizza.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Tiff said. We hugged, said our byes and left.

~

Saturday came almost instantly. I was up and getting ready for the business event. I wore a white off-the shoulder romper and white wedges. For accessories, I styled my outfit with a red diamond chocker and red earrings. I had my stylist curled my hair and finally, I grabbed my eye-shades and purse and was out the door.

Jordan was patiently waiting. We got into the car and drove for the harbor.

My grandfather's yacht stood on the water in all her beautiful glory.

~Tiffany was already onboard, waving to get my attention

~
Tiffany was already onboard, waving to get my attention. I ascended The Emmy. Grandpa thought it was cool to name his yacht with something close to grandma's name. Emma. Emmy. I liked it.

"You look amazing," I complimented Tiff as I got to her. Her hair was styled with bouncy curls and she wore a two piece outfit with a sandals.

"Thank you and so do you."

We headed to the top deck where the bars were stocked, music was blasting and the servers were ready to do their jobs.

As time went on, the boat became crowded and soon, we were sailing on the water.

"This is more like a party than a business event," Tiff said. We were dancing and having a good time. Jordan kept his distance but had his eyes on me the whole time.

Accidentally, I bumped into someone. Her drink spilled onto the floor.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized.

"No, I'm sorry. I walked into you."

"Hey, are you okay?" a guy came up to ask and asked. His voice sent a shiver down my spine. I'd know that voice anywhere.

"Yes, baby, I'm fine," the woman responded to him.

He turned in my direction.

"Hello, Zenobia," he greeted.

"Hello, Kyle," I answered.