Mika In the Middle

Start from the beginning

"He brought me a message can from Mama. This is either good news, or really bad." Schwoz said before he opened the can.

"It's really bad!" A voice came from the can. Eliza turned around to see Zed run out of the door with a scared expression.

"It's mama! I don't want you to worry about me." Schwoz's mom said.

"Sick twist coming." Rat said to Eliza.

"But I'm sick." Mama Schwoz said through the can and Ray looked at his daughter with a smirk. "Told you." He said and she smiled.

"My doctor says I have melty bones!" Mama Schwoz said and Schwoz gasped. "Melty bones runs in my family!" He said and Eliza looked at him sympathetically.

"Yes, you should get checked." Mama Schwoz said and they all looked at the can confused. "Please come home to mama. I need you!" She said and a look of sadness washed over Schwoz's face. "Ok, now how do I hang this thing up. Probably this button that says hang up."

Ray sighed annoyed before he snatched the can from Schwoz's hands and threw it onto the floor before he stomped on it. "Schwoz, I'm so sorry." Mika said.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too pal, but you can't go visit her." Ray said and Eliza looked at him with wide eyes. "What? Why?"

"He already used all of his vacation days. When he had to get his appendix out." Ray said as he picked up the can and walked over to the trash can. "He couldn't wait until thanksgiving."

"Dad, at least let him go see her for a day or something." Eliza said and Mika nodded. "Exactly! it's his mom and she's got melty bones." Mika said.

"She always does this. She calls him home saying she's sick and when he gets there. She comes up with fifty reasons why he can't leave." Rat said and Eliza rolled her eyes. "And then I got no Schwoz for two, maybe one whole day!" He added.

"I know I'm the most heartless one here, but that's pretty cold." Chapa said and Eliza nodded in agreement and Ray looked at Chapa weirdly.

"Ok, you can either go home now. Or for her memorial service." Ray said and Eliza shook her head. "Now, if you'll excuse me. I have to go dry my truck out!" Ray yelled before he walked through the metal door.

"He really gives no hecks." Bose said and Eliza agreed. Schwoz then fell to the ground on his knees, crying.

Eliza looked at him sadly. "Schwoz?" Mika said as she took a small step closer to the man. "Yes, snitch?" Schwoz asked as he automatically stopped crying.

"I was just gonna say that we'll do anything to help you go see your mom." Mika said and she bent down to give him a hug. Eliza walked over and joined in on the hug and Schwoz wrapped his arm around the young girl. She always loved Schwoz hugs.

Mika looked over to the others and nodded her head. "Yeah!" They all agreed before they came over and joined the group hug.

"Schwoz! Stop hugging the snitch and come help me!" Ray said and he poked his head through the door. Schwoz quickly stood up and looked at the teens sadly before following Ray.

"Poor Schwoz." Eliza said sadly. "We gotta do something." Chapa said and Miles agreed.

"Yeah, but how? She's so far away." He said and Mika sighed. "I'm sure if we put our heads together we can think of something." Mika said.

"Good idea!" Bose exclaimed before he grabbed Eliza and Miles' shoulders and got them all together with their heads put together. "She didn't mean literally!" Eliza said. She turned her head slightly and noticed how close her and Bose's faces were and her face heated up.