Chapter 21 - Voyager

Start from the beginning

So tired, on a plane, woke up at 5:30am

I hear the tutorial video begin and I plug my headphones in so I don’t have to listen to it. I feel the plane start to move and I quickly pop a piece of gum into my mouth to keep my ears from popping. Matt and Nash give me the puppy dog look so I give them some too.

“Can I have a piece too?” A voice asks from behind me and a hand extends itself from behind my seat. I nearly jumped out of my skin. I turned around to see it was Cameron and he was laughing.

“Just for that. No,” I tell him. However I regretted that when his hands came up and he started tickling me. I was really ticklish. I finally gave in and handed him a piece. I probably lost five pounds just from laughing. The plane had taken off. The flight wasn’t going to take long. About two hours. However I was going to use those two hours as best I could to sleep. I settled into my seat and turned my volume on my music up so I could block out the world.

I was being shaken. I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. I saw Nash was asleep and Matt was the one who was shaking me. I pulled out my headphones.

“What?” I ask Matt as nicely as I can muster. He points to Nash. I look at him again and I almost burst out laughing. He is leaning on the window but his cheek is stuck to the window and his mouth is open. I quickly pull out my phone and take a few pictures and add them to snapchat and I post one on twitter and Instagram with the caption: sleepy boy. Well now that I am awake it is going to be hard to go back to sleep.

“What time is it?” I ask Matt. He looks at his phone.

“8:24am, so we have about 30 minutes left,” He says showing me his phone. I guess going back to sleep is kind of pointless now. I stand up and look around to see what the other boys are doing. Cameron is on his phone, Carter is on his phone, Aaron is sleeping, Hayes is sleeping, Gilinsky and Johnson are watching something on a laptop, Shawn is listening to music, and Taylor is asleep. I sit back down. I look to see what Matt is doing and he is just scrolling through twitter. Ugh I am bored now. I take out my phone and text Matt even though he is sitting right next to me.

Malia: Hey I’m bored.

Matt: Yeah me too. L

Malia: Got any ideas?
Matt: …. Not the creative one out of the two of us.
Malia: You disappoint me.

Matt: I am a major disappointment.

When I read the text I did a small salute saying ‘major disappointment’. Bad habit I got from How I Met Your Mother. Great show, awful finale.

Malia: This is pathetic.

At that Matt looks up at me and I look up at him and we both laugh.

“When’s your birthday?” he asks me out of the blue.

“December 14, 1997 why?” I ask slightly nervous to know the answer.

“Just wondering,” He says with a shrug.