I had no choice but to follow their instructions. Who would suspect a defenseless woman like me? No matter how many background checks they do, they won't find anything suspicious.

I'm just a disposable puppet for the Cassano Familia.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" Ran suddenly asked making me jump in surprise.

"Don't just pop out of nowhere." I said and calmed myself. Remember that your heartbeat is monitored by those bastards.

"But I've been calling your name for a while now. Does your head hurt?" He asked and touched my forehead to check my temperature.

"I'm fine. We have to go or you'll be late for your appointment." I said and slid his hand away from my face.

If he keeps doing this kind of thing, he might see me explode in front of his face. Literally.

We had small talks as he drove me to the nearest grocery. For a moment, it's like a normal day as a married couple which made me almost forget how fake everything this is.

"Take this, sweetheart. You can go shopping if you want to, don't worry about the price." He said and handed me a black card making my jaw drop.

"Wha- you don't have to. I have money." I said and handed him the card but he refused and insisted on letting me use his card leaving me no choice but to accept his offer.

I sighed after he bid me goodbye and went on his way.

Inside the grocery store, while I was comparing two different brands of flour, someone approached.

"Y/n-chan?" She said.

"Sensei?" I exclaimed with a bright smile to the woman in front of me.

"How have you been? It's been a long time, hasn't it? Since when did you come to Tokyo?" She asked while I shyly smiled.

"I've been...good. I just came here recently due to some stuff. How about you, sensei? You still look the same as I remember." I said making her chuckle.

"I've been well, too. Are you busy today? How about we catch up at my cafe?" She asked and I agreed.

Sensei was the one who taught me how to bake and gave me inspiration for everything in culinary. I deeply respect and admire her. 

She led me to her cafe after we finished buying the groceries on our list. Her cafe looked very cozy and welcoming. 

We even had a little baking contest while we are catching up with life. She said that she also got married last year so her name now is Mrs. Akashi.

[Note: Read "STRBWS & CIGARS" ff to know more about "Mrs. Akashi"]

"Looks like the student can never beat the master." I said but she laughed it off.

"You've improved a lot and you're close." She said warmly.

"How's Shintaro-kun?" I asked. Her son, Shintaro, was a kind boy. I remember how he always volunteer to be the judge when I bake.

"He's doing well, still going to fights though." She said in a worried tone.

While we were talking, a familiar customer walked in. It was the woman who came to pick Rindou-kun last time but she just changed her hairstyle.

She approached me with her usual fierce look making me nervous but I only looked away.

"You're Ran's wife, right? I'm so sorry about the other day" She said, leaving me stunned.

"Well, I just thought you were his brother's wife so I was looking in a bad way." She awkwardly admitted.

She was looking at me like that because she thought that I was Rindou's bitch? I got worried for nothing.