"W-why did you call?" I barely managed to say, my hands starting to shake.

"I just have to make sure that you're not being caught this early. I noticed some irregular heartbeats from you these past few days." They said as I clenched my chest.

"If I notice more rapid heart rate from you I'll consider that as a sign that you messed up. Remember that with a single push of a button, I can kill you." They stated, making me gulp as I feel the small scar behind my right ear.

How can I forget the bomb they planted inside my head? This was the way they can know what I was doing.

"But don't worry, I'll end your precious siblings right after you." They said and began to laugh maniacally before ending the call.

Tears fell from my face as I leaned on the wall and slowly slid down. Hugging my knees as my sob echoed throughout the area.

I can't even ask for help from anyone, even from Ran because they know and notice every single thing.

If only our parents haven't sold my siblings to that Mafia family, these wouldn't have happened. They should've sold themselves instead.

 They should've sold themselves instead

▬ 𝗥𝗮𝗻'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩

As I was on my way to the urgent meeting, I realized that I forgot my cellphone when I tried to look for it. 

Making a quick U-turn, I drive straight back to the house to quickly get my phone but when I entered the house I heard sobs and sniffles making me raise a brow.

Not making any unnecessary noise, I saw Y/n across the room, leaning on a wall as she was hugging her knees while she cried.

I told her not to miss me too much and it isn't even an hour since I left.

Quietly I approached her and couched in front of her before gently patting her head.

"Miss me already, sweetheart?" I said. She lifted her head up, my smile slowly dropped when I saw her teary and puffy eyes. I normally get amused by seeing someone cry when she cried, something inside of me hurt. 

She quickly wiped her tear-stained face and stood up, turning away from me. 

"You're home already? I thought you still have a meeting to attend to." She said, her voice slightly cracked as she sniffled.

I stood up and grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards me and engulfing her in a hug.

"Eh?" She reacted in surprise while I only let her lean to my chest as I caressed the back of her head.

"Why are you crying, Y/n?" I uttered, only to receive no response from her.

"Did you feel lonely?" I asked and felt her shake her head in denial.

"Then what is it?" I asked again before her tears soaked my clothes as I hugged her tighter.

"I'm scared but I can't tell you why." She said in a shaky voice.