Chapter 25: The Forged Charybdis

"It was a Catastrophe Class Charybdis. It might be disrespectful for me to say, but please Lord Rimuru and the others should flee away far from this land. We are taking a pseudo Catastrophe Class flying beast here. It is not the same Orc of Cataclysm you have fought which is only a Disaster Class."

Treyni-san said that as if she has already given up.

We have instantly pulled off a meeting in the executive estate. Every executive is present in the room together with Shizu-san and Milim. Though, I guess we have an unexpected uninvited guest. Not really uninvited but somehow he came back using yet another Spatial Transport by asking our Kurenai forces in the western border.

"You are here again Fuze-kun?"

"Yes, don't blame me this place really is comfortable."

"You literally talk big that you'll make sure Blumund and Tempest will form a treaty in no time. And now you are just slacking around."

"Don't sweat the little details. Sir Rimuru I just enjoy this heart whelming place. Mind if I join the meeting? and don't you think the more heads thinking the better?"

"If you put it that way, I can't dissent. Fine, you can join our meeting."

Now averting my attention to the whole committee. Treyni-san issued the bad news. According to her, the occurrence they weren't even sure what happened. A Charybdis, but now... you are probably saying Rimuru you look so surprised even though you expected all of this aren't you?

No, actually, there is a catch. Further to the details, this one has tampered with something. This Charybdis isn't using any body and is a thousand times stronger than your authentic Charybdis. And, it most likely wasn't Phobio I don't see why Phobio would have formed a collaboration with the Jesters that they didn't correlate themselves with us. Phobio's main reason is I guess... a grudge towards Milim.

"Hey, Milim by any chance did you meet an underling of Carrion?"

"Ehh, why did you ask?"

Standing up from her seat Milim yelled out.

"I actually don't know myself. But somehow did you?"

"Yeah, I sensed Carrion's underlings from afar. Spies have been allotted in this city. But, I swear to you that we haven't made any connection yet, I swear."

Just as I expected, it is not Phobio and I also sense it hasn't even had a body. We can assume for now there is an artifact imbued in there. But the question is who did such a dangerous maneuver? No matter how much I can see it, it is not something ordinary. Empowering Charybdis a thousand times wasn't an ordinary Majins task. Only the empire has these types of techs and there is a possibility they are maneuvering remotely.

"Charybdis is a monster born from Lord Veldora's magicules. But, somehow this one is a lot stronger than the authentic one. Its power compares or is almost just as powerful as Lord Veldora."

Hmm, a Charybdis which is as just powerful as Veldora. How troublesome. Too troublesome that I cannot believe it in the first place. I cannot even begin to imagine something like that if it really is true, then this artifact imbued on its body must've been extraordinary. 

"Lord Rimuru, may I?"

Treyni-san asked.

Responding to her, I permitted her to speak.

"What is it, Treyni-san?"

"Thank you very much. Actually, the treants have confirmed something to me."

"Confirmed?"

"Yes, an irregular existence is moving inside the Jura Forest. Most likely an Archdemon."