"Oh, bye, grammar nerd!" [Name] waved, smiling to the beaver that disappeared off and jumped slightly from realising that the race was starting now. Eggman went, then Tails zoomed on after, although; [Name] stayed rooted on the spot from the returned fear from how high up they were.

Sonic raised an eye ridge at this, nudging at [Name] and cleared his throat. "You alright there, [Name]?"

"Me? Oh, yeah! Just, that it looks so high up here..."

Sonic tapped his chin in thought, before a sly smirk grew upon his face. "Looks, like you need a little boost." [Name] turned to face the blue hedgehog, raising an invisible brow and let out a small noise of confusion.

Sonic leaned to [Name], pushing them gently and the [Colour] [Animal Name] let out a surprised shriek, as they flew downwards. From how rapidly fast they were going down, a sharp trail of flames were left. The sly hedgehog's smirk only grew even more, as he sped off after them.

Tails was now ahead, with Eggman behind him and [Name] right on his tail. The doctor was shaking with raging anger that he was losing to the fox, what was supposed to be part of his hoverboard; separated from its sides to expose itself as Eggman's robotic creations.

The bots whirred, retracting out red spikes and they headed for the yellow fox first. As he was dodging them, [Name] managed to swerve their way past Eggman and Tails, the [Colour] mobian, then waved at the yellow fox. "Hi!"

Looking forward, they held a look of shock from the slow beaver in front of them and they bumped into him. The beaver was lifted off from his hoverboard, hanging onto [Name] for dear life and he was slipping away.

Once he had let go, he toppled down and fell through the trees down to the ground, letting out a rambunctious wail. "Aaargh!" After a few seconds, the beaver then called out to say; "Actually, I'm okay."

Tails had got himself back on track, him and [Name] were both on the knack to get to the next level. They were tied-in, as Eggman zipped on through a loop-path and Tails gave himself a moment to stop, as the two flying bots crashed into each other.

Unfortunately, [Name] didn't stop in that moment, so they were inbetween the crashing as well. So, the bots also crashed into [Name], as well. But, it was strange for how hard-headed they must be, because the bots couldn't handle the crash well.

The dazed [Colour] [Animal Name's] eyes were whirling about in a dizzy motion, flailing their own arms about to steady their position and Tails took this as his chance to race on ahead of them, not before sending the dizzy [Animal Name] a pitying look.

Tails, in the lead, zoomed to a stop to see Sonic sitting by a large tree's roots. The hedgehog seemed to be having a questionable look upon his face. "What's going on here?"

"Nothing, I can't handle." Tails confidently retorted, getting off from his hoverboard and climbed into his plane, pressing a button and he was off in the air.

[Name] stumbled off from their hoverboard, rushing over to a bush and started pulling something out, Sonic grew confused at this. Eggman had gotten into his Egg Mobile, whizzing away.

Small thuds were heard with each pull [Name] did, Sonic's nose twitched, as his mind was practically boggled from what he saw the [Colour] [Animal Name] pull out.

A catapult.

"Finally!" [Name] huffed and let out a huge sigh, straddling themselves in the catapult. They roughly put on a helmet, knocking on it for double-checks. "Safety helmet is a-go!"

Clasping their hands together, they looked around and looked at the lever, before calling out to Sonic; "Hey, uh, can you be a pal and pull that for me, please?"

Sonic raised a blue eye ridge in disbelief, to which [Name] shook their head and wavered their hand, "Nevermind...I'll-I'll do it myself." Reaching over for the lever, it took them some time; but, their hand grasped it and pulled down the lever.

In a matter of seconds, they were ejected off into the air and the sounds of [Name] hollering 'n whooping were heard in the distance.

"Onwards to Mount Safety!" They yelled out, raising a fist; like Superman and they were now headed on their way towards the red flag on the mountain.

...

Sonic and Tails had happily managed to sort things out, the sun was set on the horizon with the sky being painted with a beautiful colour of yellow, orange and red. As the two best friends sit down and gaze at the sunset in a chilling manner, they hear some rustling behind them in the bushes.

Turning around, the two stood up quickly and got into defensive positions for whoever-- whomever -- would be there.

[Name] emerged from the bushes, holding the red flag in their right hand and they were huffing heavily. "I...-- Got it!" Sonic and Tails could only widen their eyes in shock, as their stances were more relaxed.

"So..." [Name] dropped the red flag aside, took off their helmet, walked up closer to the the two and they clasped their hands together in accomplishment.

"Where are the teacups?"