Chapter 1 || Run

Run.

Run.

Run.

Those were the only words running through my mind.

Circling in my mind over and over again.

The sound of screams and yells rang in my ear.

The smell of burning torches lingered around me.

Even as I ran towards the mountains.

The shouts remained. Distant, but there.

I travelled deeper into the woods, until I finally saw the mountains. I wandered over to them then realized: There was a flaw in my plan.

How in the world was I supposed to cross the mountains?

Welp, might as well hand myself in already. 

I gulped and turned around, pretty much just waiting for people to just come and kill me already.

I waited for a while.

Yeah, I was waiting to die.

It was stupid, I know.

But there wasn't much else for me.

There was already a 10 billion dollars bounty on my head.

And there was no way I could cross the mountains.

Even if I could, it would've done nothing.

There were probably all sorts of deadly creatures on the other side, waiting to kill me, too.

The mountains weren't a border to any paradise.

They were the things that marked the end of the world.

Well, technically, it was a border to a paradise.

Heaven.

Not exactly any different from what would happen to me now.

So I should just sit here, and wait for death to arrive faster. Rather then having to starve and run away from deadly creatures until I died a slow, painful death.

It had been a couple hours and I'd started to see them.

Torches.

Pitchforks.

People.

Not here to help me, but to kill me and claim money.

Among that crowd were probably members of my family, too.

I sighed, ready to accept my fate.

And that's when it happened.

A hand grabbed me out of the blue and shoved me behind a bush, covering my mouth as the people marched up the hill, torches and pitchforks in hand, surveying the land as I was hidden behind the bush.

"I could've sworn I saw 'em walklin' in this direction..." I rough, deep voice said.

"Dang it. We walked here for nothin'?" Another voice chipped in, annoyance evident in their voice.

There was a mutual groan of annoyance amongst the people. But they did not give up right there. They continued to search around the area, looking for me.

I could feel someone's breath against my skin, but I was trapped in such a position that I couldn't turn back and check on who it was.

One man became scarily close to me, I literally thought I was about to die right there, and probably whoever had tried to hide me, as well. He was so close that I could literally see his body hair. Eww... I would never be able to unsee that. And that's if I can even get out of this situation alive.

Somehow though, miraculously, no one found me. Eventually they all gave up and left back to the city.

My 'helper', I guess I could call them, finally let go of my mouth. Gee. Their hands were getting sweaty and the area around my mouth was getting wet. The moment they let go of me, I turned to face them. I'd waited literal hours to find out who'd shoved me into a prickly bush without my permission.

And that's when I saw them.

A young boy with dark brown, curly hair and chocolate-colored eyes.

This just got a whole lot more interesting.