chapter 2

-
chapter 2: Something's different...

When I opened my eyes, I knew something went terribly wrong. I was not in my room, and I was in different clothes than the ones I went to sleep in yesterday. I freaked out, and in the process of escaping the bed, my body got entangled in the sheets and I ended up on the floor.

While I was facing a war with the sheets, I didn't hear the door open or a person step inside. I didn't even notice the person making their way toward my struggle until I heard a deep chuckle close to my current location on the floor. I froze in my spot, then I slowly looked up to meet the most piercing blue eyes I've ever encountered staring at me with a daring smirk to match.

I crawled out of the sheets slowly and stood at my full height hoping to take away some of the mans intimidation, only to find that even at my tall height I was no where near his height. In fact, this made me feel more intimidated than before and I felt my cheeks get hot.

I quickly hid my face in my hair, it was a habit I developed whenever I blushed which was quite often. The man took my face into his hands so I looked him straight in the eyes. "Alice, you don't need to hide from me because you're safe with me. I'm never going to hurt, or judge you in any way. And I won't let anyone else either, I swear on my life." he spoke with confidence and ease.

I couldn't speak, and even if i could, I didn't know what I'd say. So, like the idiot I am, I just stood there in clothes four sizes too big for me and bed head staring at this complete (attractive) stranger who took me by force and told me he'd protect me with his life.

I think he got the hint that I wasn't going to say anything, for he took my hand and lead me down a set of stairs and into a huge kitchen. The granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances left me dumbfounded and at a lost for words. He soon placed a bowl of cereal in front of me telling me to eat it.

As I munched and crunched he watched intensely and I went to hide my face again from his penetrating gaze.
"Sorry, I'm not much of a cook. But I know you are, so I was hoping you'd make most of our food in the future." As he explained the lack of interesting food choices, I realized that he knows too much about me. Things I never told him, he already knew my hobbies when I didn't even know his name.

This guy must be a mind reader because he added "I'm Luke by the way, and this is our house." The way he said it emphasized our as if he knew he'd get a reaction from me when he told me this. Of course I wouldn't be staying here with him. He needed a piece of my mind and he was going to get it.

--------
HEY GUYS, SO THE CHAPTERS WILL GET LONGER IF YOU WANT. PLEASE VOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY, I AM PUTTING A LOT OF WORK INTO IT SO FAR AND I'D LOVE TO SEE IT GO SOMEWHERE ❤️