Chapter 3

Pang recalled how he had left Thailand to Singapore. While living in Singapore, he had always observed the situation in Thailand.

Although the Pang's video was immediately taken down after the public release, the government soon released a response soon after. As Pang's video was backed up by the government, Thai citizens were convinced that the video was real. Hence, the number of gifted students in Thailand increased steadily. While other countries took it slow, as they had to experiment and confirm what Pang had said in the video was indeed true.

Not too long after, the world was thrown into a furry of people experiencing new potentials, and the phrase #imgifted was trending all over social media. Having potentials was the in thing.

---

Pang couldn't find any news about NYX-88, so he had assume that the Thailand government had gotten rid of it. It made sense that they would not create a virus or continue it to put their lives at risk.

However there was an update by the Thai government that every Thai citizens would need to take a medial examination to record their new potentials. They also mentioned about the machine Punn had built to kill all of the gifted cells will be replicated in every hospital where Thai citizens had to register, go through counselling to be very sure that they want to remove their potentials and sign a form to seal the deal. Citizens who remove their potentials due to whatever reason are then called ex-gifted.

---

While living in Singapore the past 5 years, he had came across various news, both good and bad.

"Doctor Bird from Thailand had created a cure for cancer due to his potential"

"Increase job opportunities, families becoming more affluent"

"Is Education still necessary?"

"House caught on fire due to fire user potential"

"Increased crime rates, young girls and boys recommended to go home early"

"Police will start patrolling the city"

Pang always believed that releasing the sound wave 5 years ago was the best choice he could make. However, as time passes, and he sees how the news headlines started to shift into something more severe, Pang starts to worry. Worried that his decision was causing people more pain than good. Regret that the choice he had made was in fact not the best choice.

---

The deal with the government was to leave Thailand for 5 years, and although the government didn't give Pang the okay sign to leave. Pang decided to go to hell with it. He had to see the results of his action in person, that was more important than the promise with an inadequate government. Hence, Pang decided to leave Singapore. He took on a new name, Andrew and took the first flight to Thailand.

Upon reaching Thailand, he had to go through the potential test all Thai citizens have to take. As Pang didn't want to alarm the Thailand government, he used his potential to convince the doctor he was an ex-gifted.

He quickly settled in his new apartment and left for his new job. Pang decided the best place to see the situation first hand was the police department. Luckily for Pang, the police department was so short on staff that they would hire anyone they can get.

---

Pang was standing in front of the police department, quite nervous to enter. After all the police was part of the government. If someone recognises his face, his cover would be blown.

"Hey, are you the newcomer?" A boy who looks slightly younger than Pang, with pale skin, big eyes and pink lips tapped Pang's shoulder.

"Hi, yes I'm P-Andrew." Pang extended his hand out.