Chapter 1

A/N: This is my first time writing a fanfic, even more a detective story. So if the characters are ooc, detective plot is weak or the writing is lacking, please don't fight me. I'm just writing to satisfy my guilty pleasures of wanting to see more WavexPang content. Consider yourself being warned 😂. I also don't own any of the characters, and a part of my imagination. If there are similarities to other stories, it is purely a coincidence.

---

Mornings are the worst, especially if it's a Monday. Wave turned on his computer and took a sip of his much needed coffee. He flipped through the cases he needed to investigate for today. While flipping through, he heard his team leader, Bank calling everyone to gather.

Wave rolled his eyes, the morning in him can't deal with such a preppy voice and honestly, the team only consisted of three people, him, Drake and Bank, there was literally no point in gathering.

"So guys, guess what, we have 2 newcomers joining our team today!"

Wave rolled his eyes at the sight of his team leader's eyes sparkle.

"These people are either dumb or just insane. Nobody wants to join this shit hole." Drake exclaimed.

Wave agreed, it's been two years since he joined the police department. The number of crimes had increased exponentially after the release of the sound waves 5 years ago. Back then, the police had leverage on the criminals with guns, but now everyone is on the same playing field, probably even lower if they couldn't figure out what the other party potential is. Being a police was not easy, one have to be committed, which means being 24/7 alert, patrolling streets every night and also take part in missions. Even if the government pays more, nobody is willing to risk their lives and live such a stressful and tiring one just for some extra cash. Now that people have potentials, many became so ambitious. So in that two years, Wave had seen many police officers resigned and noticed that there was a severe lack of recruitment. Wave finds it real suspicious that there were people interested to join the police department.

"But you and Wave stayed for 2 years. Perhaps they joined for the same reasons as both as you did." Team leader Bank smiles.

"Anyways, they will be here soon, please be welcoming, it's so hard to find recruiters so I don't want them to quit the next day." He turned to Wave and continued, "Especially you Wave."

Wave gave a half heartedly nod, and went back to what he considered more important. His files and coffee.

---

After some hacking and bypassing security systems, Wave had only cleared off the first file. He groaned, it's going to be a long day.

"Wave, Drake, here are the two newcomers."

Wave ignored him and allowed himself to be buried in this work. He was too in the zone of getting his work done to greet these newcomers. It was also totally normal for Wave to defy his immediate superior, and Bank didn't really mind it either.

"Hi, I'm Drake, welcome to this shitho- OUCH" Drake winced as he was immediately smacked by the team leader by a file.

"Hahaha, just ignore him, he's got no filter." Team leader Bank sees Wave had no intention to introduce, he sighed and did it for him. "That's Wave, very much a prick but he does his job well. So I'm your team leader Bank, come to me for any questions. That's all, maybe you can start by introducing yourself."

"Hi, I'm Win, just graduated from Uni. I joined the police force to maintain peace."

Wave smirk at what Tharn said, he still can't believe that he had joined the police force for the same reason. His younger self would probably scorned him for life.

"Hey, my name is Andrew, I did my degree overseas and I joined the police force to help the weak."

Wave froze. His hands and body tensed up. Whatever security he was bypassing, he was immediately caught and error alerts blinking red on his computer screen. Nostalgia washes over him. His lips went dry and hands clammy. Wave's heart was beating so irregularly; it sped up and slowed down so slow that the next beat felt as though his heart had stopped for a second. Wave felt as though he was being pushed off the cliff. It's been 5 years since he heard any news about him, let alone hear this all too familiar voice. He finally remembered to swallow and breathe, which triggered his mind to run all sorts of theories. ARGH fuck it!! He whipped his head back to see the man in full view.

The man stood there with a black button down shirt that had the minimum amount of buttons close, which exposed his neck and a part of his chest. He paired with black jeans and boots. His hair was long, an inch below his ears. His fringe was combed back and some strands fell naturally at the sides of his forehead. He stare straight at the boy who called himself Andrew, and Andrew returned Wave eye contact with a small smile, showing off his dimples.

"Hey do you mind sharing your potentials? I know it's a sensitive question, but it would help in detective work." Drake shoots. While Drake might be straightforward most of the times, but when it comes to sensitive questions like this, he could be surprisingly polite.

As Wave stared at the guy, his anxiety was quick to dissipate and the next emotion hit him so fast, his mind lost all rationality. Wave didn't realise how hard he was clutching his hands into a fist.

"I can teleport."

"I'm an ex-gifted by choice."

While everybody tried to hide their shocked expression, thinking how crazy this guy could be, joining the police force who targets gifted without any potentials. Wave scoffs, what a joke. He couldn't stand what he was seeing and hearing anymore. He felt like he was becoming the joke and decided to leave the room, slamming the door hard.

---

Wave went to the roof to clear his mind. It has been 5 years since their promise of going to the same University fell through. Seeing him again and seeing him think that he could sweep everything he did under the carpet just infuriates Wave so much.

"Wave" the oh-so familiar voice breaks Wave who was in deep thoughts.

"Wave?" he called out again seeing how Wave didn't respond.

"Shit Pang, what do you want!" Wave snapped angrily at Pang, and looked dead straight in Pang's eyes.

"I-I'm sorry but I-." Pang's whole face was filled with guilt.

"No! You don't get the chance to think whatever you did can be looked over." Wave roughly pushes Pang's shoulder to show that he was not going to back down.

"I'm really sorry Wave, but back then I was just a kid, and the go-" Pang was frantically trying to explain his side of the situation, but Wave cut him off. "Breaking off our promise was one thing, but leaving and not telling me?" Wave knew that below all those anger, he felt hurt and betrayed.

"It was 5 years Pang, god damn 5 years! Nothing from you." Wave roughly pushed Pang's shoulder again. As he recalled the past, Wave felt every of his senses and cell was increasingly boiling with anger. "You have always been this way Pang." Wave glared at Pang and pushed Pang out of the way.