Chapter 24 - Time is Slow

Start from the beginning

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶.̶

"Tommy?" A calm but worried voice spoke, he turned to meet Time Loops face.

"Are you okay? You zoned out and started mumbling something-"

"I'm fine." Tommy responded, he gave a small smile to cover his anxiety, the blonde hoped it would be convincing enough. But unfortunately it wasn't enough, Time placed his hand on his shoulder, making Tommy flinch just a little, but enough for the older male to question his response.

"Are you sure? You can tell me if you need someone to talk to-"

"I said I'm fine." Tommy responded a bit harsher, the brunette sighed and stepped back. He walked over to the seat like table and patted it with his hand, gesturing Tommy to sit down. With hesitation he sat down on the seat, fiddling with the end of his sweater. Now they stayed in silence, not trying to make much eye contact. Time Loop would try to spark a conversation but Tommy's stubbornness kept himself silent.

-

The uncomfortable silence was broken by the sound of the door opening, Warden being on the other side of it. He gave a gentle wave to Tommy and him being the most kind hearted person in the world, waved back.

"Hey Time, I'm guessing that you're Tommy, correct?" Warden pointing over to Tommy, the blonde nodded. With every step that the guy with half of a gas mask made, the tighter Tommy's grip was on the thing he was sitting on. Eventually the green eyed man is crouched infront of him, looking at him intently, the gaze made Tommy want to sink into a never ending pit of darkness. But he had to stay strong, but that also didn't mean he couldn't lean back a bit to stay a distance from him.

"So, you seemed stress." Warden spoke, still inspecting him like a foreign animal. How many bitches work in this shit place?

"I'm not stressed, you're stressed with that ass looking outfit"

"Mhm." He responded, reaching out his hand to the blonde, the blonde obviously moving his head back away from the hand.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

"I'm gonna heal you, in order to do that I have to place my hand on your head." The hero spoke calmly, as if he's not trying to spook Tommy away. Tommy scoffed and leaned forward.

"Fine, just hurry up." The man placed his hand into the blonde curls of the boy, a yellowish glow started to form.

Immediately Tommy noticed the warm and fuzzy feeling in his head, it was nice and what he would never mention out loud, comforting. He felt so much pressure and stress be lifted off his shoulders, it relaxed all his muscles and gave him peace. The hand on his head was lifted off of his head, erasing the warmness on his head and his foggy mind.

"Alright, how do you feel?"

"Better." Tommy mumbled, his head was down but he could have sworn he saw Time Loop grinned at that. What a fucking weirdo.

"That's good, could you tell us how you got those wounds?" Ah shit. He forgot to make up an excuse, that is so not poggers. Why would he not come up with an excuse before he entered the room? This shit actually sucks.

"Um, Tommy?" Time spoke, making Tommy lift his head to him. His face was covered with concern, but it probably was fake since there are noticable cameras in the room.

"Oh, yeah, uh- I fell- down a flight of stairs." Tommy spoke up, the two men next to him looked at him with curiosity which led him to continue on with his reason for the wounds.

"Yeah, I was in a rush to get over here and then slipped and fell. Kinda funny, right?" Tommy gave a nervous laugh, the two older people didn't find it amusing.

"Tommy, it is important to take care of yourself so please go to the hospital first." Time Loop's voice sounded so sincere, like he actually cares for him, but he's a hero and a hero only cares when they are put in the spotlight. So it can't be true, right?

...

Not gonna speak huh?

It's not like I'll be heard.

...

-

Tommy didn't really have a response to the heroes, he didn't need help, he didn't want help. So he simply nodded and left. Which is why he's walking to his apartment right now, kinda bummed out for some reason.

All he could do now was go home and get ready for a night of mischief...