Chapter 24 - Time is Slow

Start from the beginning

"Anyways before you go, Tommy, I need to bring you somewhere first."... Suspicious.

"May I ask where?"

"Our robot, Sam Nook, has sent a message to the SBI about some injuries on your body. But since they're not here at the moment, that means I'll have to take you." The blondes anxiety rised a little more, making him hesitate with his answer.

"Ok, yeah, sure whatever. How long this is gonna take?" The nervous blonde asked, he just wanted to go home after the interview and go start some shit in a store to annoy some people. Not sit in a room as some random person heals his wounds and potentially figure out who he is.

"We're going to have to wait for Warden since he's our only healer at the moment"

"Why not just get another healer?"

"The rich families in North L'manburg stated that they have a right to have a healer twenty - four seven in their neighborhood, of course our president agreed because he doesn't want to 'anger the public'. But we pretty much know it's for the money." The hero stated, making Tommy a bit frustrated. But he can't waste his anger on some idiot heroes. Why do something when it's not worth your time?

So instead of yelling at Time Loop, he simply sighed and asked another question.

"So then why do you continue to be a hero? Can't you just quit and become a vigilante?"

"Well it's not that easy." The older male spoke as he walked to the door, Tommy following him.

"When you become a hero, you are under a thirty year contract, meaning we can't quit until we have worked in the hero committee for at least thirty years." He opened the door and began walking down the hallway, Tommy once again following after.

"Even after we have worked here for thirty years, it's still a complicated process and it takes awhile to get the whole system finished. Zephyrus had tried retiring but, thanks to that stupid system they have, it made it so tedious and difficult for him to retire from hero work. Which made him completely giving up on the idea of retiring from the hero committee"

Zephyrus had tried to retire? But why? He had a big influence on the public and heroes, he has fame and popularity due to him being a hero. Why give that up? These were questions he wanted to ask but that would make him a bit suspicious if he tried to get into hero business, so he stayed silent as they walked through a forever hallway.

-

After literally ten minutes, they reached a door that labeled "First Aid." The hero opened the door for the younger boy, the boy hesitantly walking through. The room he is in made him feel uneasy, it made him feel like the small boy from his dream, the boy that was forced to be a part of something so wrong yet to the strangers in the room so right. But Tommy knew this wasn't the same place, this room wasn't filled with people in lab coats fiddling with syringes as he screams in fear for his own life. It isn't the same place his parents took him for a "field trip." This room was well lit, any type of machinery are x - rays, everything was clean and the place where Tommy assumed to be sitting on was well padded and there are no leather straps. This is nothing like that room. It can't be nothing like that room. Right?

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶.̶