O3 unnecessary necessities

"493," you answered

"493," you answered.

"huh?" itto's jaw dropped. you looked up from his math homework.

"i am 493 years old."

"no no no, that's not it. i didn't think you'd be that old- can you get that one wrong?" he pointed at the next problem you were working on. you quickly wrote in a random answer.

you finished the page and flipped it to the back. "we don't experience time the same way as humans."

"that's like 40 times my age!"

"closer to 27, but math isn't your best subject," you muttered the last part. you finished the entire worksheet and handed it to him. he looked over the answers. it's not like he knew which ones were right or wrong. he slipped the paper into a folder and tossed it to the side.

he leaned over the desk, smiling to himself. "hey y/n, what do you do when i'm at school?"

"i went home today. i wanted to visit my father," you answered.

"home? like in hell?" he gasped.

"that's the name you have adopted this in this world, yes, hell. i had some business to handle with my father over our arrangement," you replied. "why are you so curious about me itto?"

itto jumped onto his bed, grabbing a manga from the shelf. he opened it but immediately let it fall onto his face out of laziness. you stood and picked it up for him.

"would you wanna come to school with me?" he asked once he saw your face again.

"i have no need for an education. i have no need to eat or for shelter so i have no need for money. so i don't need a job or an education. you're fine at school without me."

itto frowned at your rejection. he guessed you were right. he forgets you're not the same as him. you guys aren't friends. you serve him. that's why you're here but he doesn't get that part either. you ask for nothing in return and you give him everything. he really did get lucky then.

maybe he was wrong. it seemed too easy, like was your entire purpose for existence to serve a human. you were so complaisant too and obeyed every one of itto's stupid requests.