Chapter 10

I got in bed remembering I still had homework I cursed everything and everyone before finally starting my homework.

I finished in around an hour and a half before I finally grabbed my phone deciding to scroll through it for a bit.

I done the usual answering texts and aimlessly looking at Instagram posts.

I was watching a TikTok of an edit someone had made of Sam and Bucky fighting, sometimes Tony released footage of missions to the public to annoy fellow members and in this case the victims were having their asses handed to them. 

I got distracted by a notification on the top of the screen and saw it was a follow request on Instagram.

I clicked on the profile of a guy called Tyler and recognised him from my biology class. He was a quiet kid who kept in his friend group and seemed nice enough. I accepted the request and immediately got a dm from him. 

T : hey 

Y : hi 

T : I'm in your bio class you seem nice !

Y : yeah I've seen you around and thank you :)

T : sit next to me tomorrow?

Y : yea sure 

T : cool

I just liked his last message, sure it was an odd and pretty dry conversation but I wouldn't mind making a new friend, maybe he would be different in person, maybe he could be the person I tell about my powers myself and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. 

I then got a FaceTime from Peter "hey Pete" I whispered not wanting to wake anyone up. 

"Hey how was your day?" he asked propping his phone up on his desk, he was still doing homework.

"Fun actually I went shopping and bought a bunch of stuff" I said and he nodded in response.

 "Hey you know Tyler he's in my biology and our English class?" I asked.

 "Yeah what about him?" Peter asked

 "Nothing I just wanted to know what he was like" I said.

"Oh" Peter replied and I realised he probably thought this was going elsewhere.

 "No I mean he just sent me a request on insta asking me to sit next to him" I explained.

"Yeah guys and girls can be friends" Peter said and I nodded, was he reassuring himself or just telling me. 

"How was your day?" I asked changing the subject 

"I hung out with Ned for a bit and then went on patrol now I have so much homework to catch up on" he replied 

I admired Peter so much, he willingly set aside hours of his time to help people around the city simply from the kindness of his own heart.

"Anything interesting happen?" I asked.

"Actually yes I stopped a guy from stealing a car but he had a gun and it got really intense but spiderman saved the day of course" he said and I raised an eyebrow "don't worry I'm always safe" he added and I smiled thinking how he could always read me.

At times it used to annoy me like whenever I would attempt to lie and he would act like a walking lie detector but now I considered it sweet, he knew me so well and could tell my mood based off just how I acted.

We continued talking for an hour when I finally decided to go to sleep "I'm tired I'm gonna go to bed I think" I said.

 "Goodnight Pete"

 "Goodnight beautiful " he replied as I pressed the end call button. 

I went to sleep happy maybe I was finally making a friend of my own in school.

✿✿✿

icl I stole the name Tyler from euphoria 😭