You watched Yamaguchi get dragged a few meters away. Tsukishima was clutching the corner of Yamaguchi's shirt like his  shy girlfriend as he spoke, an irk mark on his face yet the tip of his ears were pink. Yamaguchi seemed to be flustered at whatever he said and shook his hands inf ront of Tsukishima, seemingly to deny something.

Well, whatever. None of my business. You thought and headed over to your two friends, trying to stop them from practising during the break so they'd have energy to continue when practice resumed. And before they sweat all over their new jackets. Your two friends had been wearing that jacket like it's their new skin. Hinata had came to school with it on, Kageyama too when you caught him wearing it at the vending machine this morning.

"Y/n! Look at me! Do I look cool spiking with this jacket?" Hinata bounced towards you. "Shut up, boke!" Kageyama shoved him to the side. "Which one of us looked cooler?" He looks at you with expectation. "Hey!" Hinata pushed at his side. They continued bickering with each other infront of you, their faces were inches apart... You smirked. In one swift movement you shoved their heads together.

"MPPHHMMM!!!" Their lips connected and you laughed.

They retracted away from each other, gasping for air. " Y/N!" Kageyama turned to you mortified. " What? I just helped you guys relieve some tension. You're welcome," you shrugged and walked off to leave them bickering once more.

"That was my first kiss!" Hinata yelled at his rival.

"How was I supposed to know that? It was my first kiss too!"

"Ngaw, look at the blossom of a new love," you place your palms on your cheeks. " Well at least you both don't need to compete with each other on who gets their first kiss first," you said, bursting out laughing. 

The rest of the members watched as Hinata and Kageyama continued bickering. Sugawara squinted at you, "Evil, just pure darkness." Your wink as a response to his statement sent him hiding behind Daichi. Kiyoko however... You laughed at the thumbs up she gave you. A secret BL fan I see. You thought.

"You know what, if one day, Hinata and Kageyama came up to me and said that they're dating, I wouldn't be surprised," You started. The rest nodded in agreement. " They're both idiots, it'd make sense if they end up together since no one matches their stupidity," Tsukishima insulted your friends. Tanaka joined in the conversation and said," You know, you and Y/n are actually very alike too. So does that mean you're going to court her in the future?" he teased, leaning his face close to Tsukishima. "Ew. How in the world are we alike," the blonde cringed away.

"You're both sarcastic. You both can be scary too," Tanaka pointed a finger up.

"Not to mention smart," Sugawara nodded. The rest of the members chimed in one after another

" Straightforward" 

" Can be mean" 

" Doesn't seem to have much friends around..." 

You cut them off at that. "Ouch, the last one was personal." You smirked at the lanky pole. "So what's your game plan Tsukishima? I'm not that easy to court you know," you said, enjoying how his face contorted in disgust from your statement. " What the hell is wrong with you?"

You whistled. "So commitment issues and  a fear of rejection. What other issues you have?"

" Shut up," he grit his teeth, failing to come up with a retort. You burst out laughing. Another win for me. You thought. You reeled yourself back together. "Oh gosh. At this rate I'm going to get abs from laughing."  You glanced over at his friend joining in on Kagyama and Hinata's shenanigans. You pointed to Yamaguchi putting on his jacket. "Speaking of which, I don't remember you putting on your jacket last time. Your bestie wore it. How insecure are you to not wanna try it on? Scared you don't look good in black?" you provoked him into putting on the jacket.

He clicked his tongue. "Insecure? Who says I'm that pathetic," he said while shrugging his jacket on, which Yamaguchi had conveniently handed him on cue. "And mind you..." he bent down to match your eye level as he snapped back at you, "...I look amazing in black."

Daichi

Sugawara and Daichi chuckled at how easily you manipulated Tsukishima to put on his jacket. "You know, even if Y/n is willing to help us, we still need a proper coach," Sugawara gave Daichi a sideway glance. The captain sighed. "Me and Takeda sensei have been working on it. But everyone turned us down the moment we mention our school name." He was really grateful for Takeda sensei for putting this much effort into the volleyball club even though he knew nothing about it. Takeda sensei is a relatively new teacher, and Daichi knew he was assigned to be manager of the volleyball club due to whatever political, patriarchy among the faculty. Their club was technically collecting dust compared to their old glory days.

He looked at the peculiar first years. All 4 of them scream trouble, but they also scream hope. A chance for nationals. Daichi shook that thought away. Nationals seem like a fever dream with their volleyball team in shambles. Even if they had the crazy duo pull off their crazy fast attack, a genius setter as the ringmaster and one intelligent, tall middle blocker, it's not the same without their ace. He looked over at Y/n now bickering with Tsukishima, with Hinata and Kageyama behind her giving moral support and poor Yamaguchi the only one trying to break the fight. If it's her, maybe he'd change his mind. He thought. He'd have to talk to her about it. A hand ruffled his hair. He glanced to the side to see Suga smiling at him. " It's going to be fine. It's going to be a tough process but our first years are nothing short in potential."

Daichi returned a smile. "Yeah? They are nothing short in trouble either." They both laughed.

Hinata

Hinata plopped onto his bed after racking his brains, hunched over his desk. He looked at his right palm. He could still remember the sensation of adrenaline coursing through his veins. After his hand had connected the first fast toss he managed to spike properly, he had been feeling super pumped ever since. He didn't tell anyone, but he peeked a little in midair the second time he spiked it and he swore time slowed. His heart had swelled at that view of the opposite court. It being the first time made it all that memorable. All he used to see was the looming hands of blockers, accompanied by that sense of helplessness.

I never thought being a setter could be this cool. He thought. He clenched his fist. He would engrave that high he felt deep into his memories and cherish it. He silently thanked Kageyama as it was thanks to him that he had that opportunity after all. Then he thought of his new teammates and huffed in annoyance. The height difference is always appalling every time I stand close to him. Hinata thought. 

Word count: 1854