LukeWebster: Offline

"You still remember her?" Neil eyed me as if I was some kind of an alien.

I stood still trying get myself out of the trance.But before I could respond everyone turned their heads towards the voice that came from behind us.

"Good Evening! Ladies and Gentlemen. This evening we all have gathered here to attend the opening of England's most influential businessman Mr Ethan Brown's son William Brown's and his friend Vince Parker's restaurant 'Serendipity'. Clearly this place is a sight to behold. We have some enthusiastic interns and some guests who are waiting to exchange words with the owners of 'Serendipity'."

By the time she completed her speech we went and sat at the table across Amelia.

The place really had a different persona. It was calm and serene. It came with all the goodness and tranquil feelings. But maybe all new things felt this good. Maybe this essence won't last forever. Maybe the people sitting here right now might not visit this place again. Believe me nothing remains the same, something's come close and something's just drift away.

Sometimes I wish things were normal.I wish I could text her without thinking twice like old times. I wish I could have her here.I wish I had never snapped like that.

"Dude, chill. You are nervous than a girl on her first period." Will chuckled earning a glare from me.

The questions were being asked and most of them were related to business which were not our thing to handle and were clearly for Mr. Brown.

Will was texting someone on his phone or maybe playing a game, it was hard to tell he was so engrossed while I played with my straw and sucking up the raspberry juice in it.Neil was sitting with Amelia, both of them clearly having a nice time.She was laughing at something he said and he had a ghost of a smile on his face. I wondered what it would be like if she was here.

There was no end to my what ifs, I regretted that decision of mine to push her away, just like I pushed everyone away. I feared having anyone so close, Mom had silently died everyday after dad's betrayal, I was young but I knew she broke each day, because she loved him so much. I never wanted to experience that. But Guess what? Things are not always how you assume them to be.

I had a chance to take a turn in my life but I chose something wrong, that's what I know. What if second chances really existed, then maybe if I meet her again, I'll tell her everything and this time I won't let go of her.

Just one more chance.

"Why the name 'Serendipity'?" a female voice boomed through the room and caught my attention.

There was a brief pause before Ethan said."This question I'm sure Vince would have the answer to." He looked towards me smiling.

I nodded my head and smiled reassuringly.

" This is the usual cliché kind of a thing, every name has a story behind."

Everyone's eyes lightened up like a child's eye would lighten up when offered a candy. I am bad at comparisons so be ignorant to what I said and be vigilant enough to listen to what I am going to say.

" The whole thing started from conflation.com" my first line was welcomed with head nods and assuring hmms.