"I like y'all relationship," Amber admitted coolly.

The sound of whimpers caught their attention. Jersey looked at the baby monitor sitting on the counter and realized Harlem was now up and moving around.

"I'll go and get him."

"Thank you." Jersey watched as Amber made her way to the back. Instead of standing around, she decided to resume her piemaking. Thanksgiving was tomorrow, and she wanted to have everything prepared.

Amber was busy with Harlem. He seemed happy about seeing her. She made small talk with the infant while getting him cleaned up. After being diapered, she warmed his bottle in the warmer and decided to feed him. He consumed the bottle and had a good burp after being patted on the back.

Jersey filled the pie crusts with the pecan filling she'd made. In the midst of doing so, she realized Amber had walked in with Harlem. A smile crossed her face when she noticed the new clothing the baby had on. Amber made sure to dress the little tot.

"Hi, baby." She glanced at her son, who was looking at her. A smile didn't cross his face until Jersey neared him and placed a big kiss on his jaw. "You look and smell so good."

"You seem to be...adjusted to being a mom."

Jersey shrugged her shoulders and stated, "I'm getting used to it. Sometimes, it's hard, but I always push through." She glanced over at her son and added, "He's a sweet baby even though he can be a little demanding at times. I've learned to be patient with him whenever he cries."

"This is Malcolm's kid, so I'm not surprised about that demanding shit." Amber observed Harlem, who was looking around, "But I'm happy to hear that you're doing better with him."

Jersey stared at her son for a while. It ran through her mind several times that Harlem had a twin. There was supposed to be another baby here, but it didn't make it.

"Amber, can I tell you something?"

"You can tell me anything, Hersh."

Jersey grabbed her son's chubby hand as she contemplated telling the woman a shocking secret. No one knew that Harlem was a fraternal twin. She had no plans to tell anyone about it.

"Harlem is a fraternal twin."

Amber knitted her brows in confusion and asked, "Fraternal twin? What are you talking about?"

"Harlem. He had a twin. I'm not sure if it was a boy or girl because it was early in the pregnancy." Jersey answered carefully. "But the other twin vanished. The doctors call it vanishing twin syndrome."

"Oh wow." Amber raised her eyebrows. She was bewildered by the unexpected news. Her lips parted as she adjusted the baby in her arms. Harlem had the strength and could hold his head up, so she didn't have to do much.

"I know...."

"Damn, so Harlem ate his twin?" Amber questioned her. "That's why he's so chunky."

"He didn't eat his twin, Amber," Jersey replied as she shook her head. "It was a miscarriage, and I believe that...the fetal tissue was absorbed by me, the baby, and the placenta."

"Oh." Amber knew something about pregnancies and babies. This information was a lot for her, but she did understand Jersey.

"Yeah and..." Jersey shook her head. "I feel so bad about it. It's like I did something wrong and...I didn't try to do this, Amber. I wanted both of my babies."

Amber placed her hand on Jersey's shoulder and said, "Don't beat yourself up about this, Hersh. I heard about the vanishing twin syndrome. It happens, and there is nothing you can do about it. You didn't tell your body to have a miscarriage, and you didn't tell it to absorb the baby. It's natural, and shit like this happens to many women."