03. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔢𝔦𝔯𝔡𝔬𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔪𝔞𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔱

It's been so long, I'm so sorry! I got logged out of my account awhile back and have only recently been able to get back into it, so I figured with the release of the Stranger Things Season 4 Trailer, I would get back into this book.

A voice called to him, a name that sounded unfamiliar reverberating through the thick air. He felt a shake to his side.

"Honey- Honey... please." The voice paused, sniveling in the darkness as their grip on his side got tighter, the night of their shakes increasing, "They've found us... wake up... Wake up!"

Ten gasped, his eyes flying open as the memory dispersed through his mind to be forgotten once more.

His eyes flickered about, an unusual draft rolling across his skin. His door... it was open.

Blue eyes broadened, his lips parting into a silent gasp as his toes twitched, aching to just run out of the door.

He stopped himself before he could though.

Was this... a trap?

Another test perhaps?

Conflict danced upon his goosebumps ridden skin, yet the urge remained. His jaw trembled, fingers crinkled together as he thought of the punishment if anyone caught him.

He looked down to his burn.

At the sight of the wound as it oozed in the darkness of the room, sizzling under the air, his jawline squeezed shut forming a tightened line.

His eyes pinched shut as thoughts poured through his mind.

Screw it.

The boy dashed out the door, his bare feet slapping against the tiles. Shivers shot up his spine in an almost electric jolt yet he didn't care.

With everyone on guard, he had to plan this out, but with everyone looking out for the other experiment, he had an advantage. He just had to play his cards right and he could be home free.

Where he'd go, he didn't know.

All that mattered to him in that moment was the pushing urge to escape.

Adrenaline roared through his blood, muffling the aching pain building in his legs and chest. He twisted and turned into each and every corridor, his mind urging him forward.

He recognized this halls as the places where he was stripped of every last morsel of his childhood. Where he had experienced a new kind of pain with each passing day.