"Hey Mr. Nakajima, what's up," I say and then continue rummaging through the drawer pushing aside sweets and chip wrappers. 

"Just Atsushis fine" 

"ok, what's up Atsushi?" I asked. 

"It's just, I'm not sure Ranpo would be happy with you going through his stuff." 

"It's fine, I'm just checking for something"

 "Yeah bu-"

"Found it!" I pulled out the empty wrapper and then threw it in the garbage next to Ranpos' desk. 

"Wait you can't just go through his stuff and start throwing things out." 

"It's fine it's just some trash he won't even notice it's gone." I walked away from Ranpo's desk and into Mr. Fukuzawas's office. I sat down on the couch. "Hey, Mr. Fukuzawa" I greeted. 

"Hello Y/n, how was school today?"

"It was good, that reminds me I wanted to give you something" I grabbed my bag and pulled out the wrapped cup. I put it in his hands, "Go on open it." He unwrapped the cup. It was a dark green cup with a smoothed-out rim and squared out the bottom. 

"This is for me?"

"Of course, I made it just for you"

"Thank you y/n that's very kind of you."

"I'm happy you like it." 

"I'm gonna take a nap" I pulled Mr. Fukuzawas haori off his shoulders and wrapped it around myself before lying down and falling asleep. I closed my eyes thinking over Mrs. Saekos's offer. I could use my free time when I don't have to run errands for the agency. That's it then, I'll call her.  I'll call Mrs. Kouyou tonight.

2 hours later

I woke up from my nap and pulled out my math homework. I worked on it. Once I finished I walked around Mr. Fukuzawas' office while he did paperwork. I searched the shelves and found a deck of cards. I grabbed the deck and turned to Mr. Fukuzawa, who was no longer doing paperwork but simply glossing over papers.

"Hey Mr. Fukuzawa, are you busy?"

"Not really, no, do you need something y/n?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to play a game with me"

"What game?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's called Slap-Jack. It's basically what it sounds like I'll explain it while we do a practice round." I started dealing out the cards until all of the cards were divided evenly among us.

(Authors dropping a link to explain what's happening because she's lazy https://bicyclecards.com/how-to-play/slapjack/)

"You got a jest of how to play"

"Yes, I believe so," he says a little too serious for someone whos going to play slapjack with a high schooler.

"Perfect!" I said placing my card down. "Your turn" 

'I'll let her have the first few rounds, it would be cruel to humble her if she's so excited about this ' Thought Mr. Fukuzawa as he placed down his card. 

"Slapjack!" I yelled before slamming my hand on the card. I picked up the cards showing off the jack. "Better get on your game, or you might just lose... old man"

'I take it back someone needs to teach this brat to respect her elders'

Many rounds later 

Narrators Pov

Score:

Y/n - 22 cards

Fukuzawa - 30 cards

In another tense round, the two were in, boths' concentration was broken once someone barged into the office. That person being none other than the world's greatest detective, Ranpo Edogawa. He sprawled out on the couch, legs resting on one of the armrests while laying his head on the other as it was cradled by his arms. The two looked up from their game for only a second before focusing back on the game. Annoyed at the lack of attention he was getting Ranpo shouted at the two.

"Are you guys gonna talk to me or what!" The two only murmured a "busy" in response.

"Oh yeah and what are you guys so busy with!" Ranpo stood over the table the other two were playing cards on with his hands on his hips. "A card game? what are you guys even playing?" 

"Slap-Jack!" The girl responded happily while putting her card down. In the second she took to look up at the detective she didn't notice the man across from her placing his card down. 

"Slap-Jack," he said before taking the pile of cards.

"What no way that's cheating!" the girl accused. 

"Just because you lost focus doesn't mean I cheated"

"Fine one more round, whoever has the most cards wins?" 

"Not so fast, I want in!" Ranpo interrupted. 

"Fine you know the rules?" the girl asked while shuffling the cards.

"For the most part yeah"

I dealt out the cards among the three of us and the game began once again. I placed down my card and not even a second later.

"SlapJack"  Ranpo hit the deck. We checked the card and it was a jack. 

A Few minutes later 

Y/n and Fukuzawa were slumped over the desk in defeat and sheer humiliation at their loss. Ranpo had not only won the game but he demolished both of them in the span of less than five minutes without even opening his eyes. To say the least the defeat was embarrassing . Mr. Fukuzawa ended up getting his composure and straightened up before stopping Ranpo from leaving. "Ranpo there's actually something I wanted to ask you. We have a new case I wanted you to investigate" Mr. Fukuzawa said.

"Do I have to, just make someone else do it" Ranpo complained.

 "Ranpo I want specifically you to handle this" Fukuzawa demanded.

"Fine what's it even about"

"An elderly man was found missing about a week ago, he was last sighted entering his home a few days before he was reported missing" The president explained.

"Fine, whos coming with then?"

"I can go!" I volunteered.

"Excellent I'll let you two be on your way then" Mr. Fukuzawa said before giving Ranpo the case file.

I finally put out a new chapter thank you so much for being patient you guys! I'm considering putting out shorter chapters and more two-parters so then I can crank out chapters faster. But besides that we got some family bonding and now the someday sibling are going on their first just them case together so excited. Also I promise I will bring Kyouka back soon!