A Go Match

Sai sat on the left side of Hikaru as the teen slammed his stones with speed and accuracy. The teen wanted to finish the game as fast as he could so he could go back to Tokyo as soon as possible. He thought that there was a high chance of Sai being in the Hoinbou Shuusaku site in Tokyo.

Sai looked at all the audience staring in shock at how fast and accurate Hikaru’s Go was. The ghost knew this was not the limit of Hikaru’s potential. Sai watched with amusement and empathy at his opponent trying to keep calm and not get rushed. But that was to no avail and he ended up resigning.

Sai clapped and said knowing Hikaru wouldn’t reply, “You’ve gotten stronger, Hikaru.”

To Sai’s shock, at that very moment, Hikaru’s head swapped to the ghost’s direction and said (in his thoughts) enthusiastically, “What do you think Sai?”

            Sai’s eyes widened as his mouth curved to a smile and he said, “Hikaru, it was a great game…”

Suddenly, Hikaru’s face lost all the happiness, as he turned his head to clean up the chips when the random old man behind Sai said to Hikaru, “What?”

Sai then saw Hikau’s thoughts, ‘that’s right, Sai’s in Tokyo.’

The ghost once again felt dejected, but not as much as he used to for he knew the boy couldn’t hear him. It has become a regular thing in his life to be unheard.