"I don't care. I'm going to make it work. I'll shove this entire plate down your throat, if I have to. That is far from healthy." I frowned. One of my goals now, was to get Eren to eat an entire plate of food.

"I know, that's why I drink a good amount of protein shakes." He stated, before pushing the plate towards me.

"Eren.."

"It got worse when my mom's depression almost took over her entire life. I caught her trying to commit one night because she was so upset over my dad leaving so suddenly and she still is." He softly spoke, as small tears formed in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry.." I gasped.

"She tries so hard to be the perfect mom, but I never wanted a perfect mom, I just wanted a happy one." He bawled up his fists in anger.

I placed my hand over his and the tension in his body loosened.

"That's what I saw when you tried to—the pain in your eyes, was the same pain in hers and I didn't want to experience that shit ever again." He continued, his hands slightly shaking.

I didn't know what to say, but all I could really do was listen.

"That's why I hate when people take things away from me. My dad took everything when he left. He took all of the money, our valuable possessions, and most importantly our happiness. He left us struggling to live everyday." He stated, tears running down his cheeks.

I recollected the night of the banquet, when Eren and I had a heated dispute. He claimed that he despised people who take things away from him and now I finally understand why.

"I'm so sorry, you don't deserve any of this and neither does your mother!" I told him, trying to make him feel better.

"You don't deserve the shit you're going through either, which is why I want you to live with me, (Y/N)." He suggested, softly smiling at me.

"Wh-what?" I asked, with a muddled facial expression.

"I want you to live with me because as you once said, I'd hate to see anyone struggle, even you." He chuckled, remembering when I first told him that at practice.

"Oh my gosh, are you being serious right now?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Yes, I'll go with you to your place and help you pack. I'll be your new family, if you want me to." He smiled, gently holding my hand.

"...Thank you. This means a lot to me, more than you know. I just wish I could talk to my parents one last time." I stated, feeling bitter.

"I feel you." He spoke softly.

"...Although it's hard to think about, I love cherishing my memories because it's the only place that I'd have them again." I explained, as the salty warm tears slipped in between my lips from silently sobbing.

Eren swiftly got up from his seat and kneeled down in front of me. He delicately wiped the tears from my cheeks and pulled me into his mellow chest. His hug was solacing, but it only made me cry even more because for some reason, I felt more vulnerable around him. He stroked my hair, as I sobbed into his chest, leaving his apron stained with snot and tears.