But you can't do that for long.

Because you could hear the person's footsteps coming near you.

Out of the blue, they knocked on your table like it was a door. Obviously, they're asking you to wake up from that lovely slumber of yours.

You slowly lifted up your head and stretched your arm muscles.

Then, you moved your gaze to the left, where the person was standing. With your eyes barely opening, you can't even see the person clearly because everything was half-pitch black.

But the only noticeable thing about the person is...

.....his blonde and blue hair.

No way.

You thought your brain was malfunctioning and you know for sure that you were half awake and half asleep so you weren't sure if you could differentiate what's real and what's not.

That's why you said "Is this......

......a nightmare?" while looking straight into his amethyst eyes.

"Am I supposed to get offended by that?"

Huh? Is it really him?

"Haitani?" You rubbed your eyes a few times and studied him again. "Since when do you go to school?"

"Since today." He shrugged.

He then took a seat on Akio's seat (which he claimed was his before).

You were unaware that both of you were the centre of attention of the whole class.

That's right.

Everyone went quiet so suddenly because of Rindou. And some of the girls were scared for you and tried to do something so that you were safe from Rindou. They waited for the both of you to start a conversation, curiosity welding up in them because what will the both of you talk about.

There's nothing in common for a top delinquent and you.

But they were perplexed to see that you remain calm (you're not pretending even).

He scared them shitless, especially with that cold gaze of his.

But you were the only one that didn't feel those emotions, instead, you were bewildered. Since when is he that benevolent enough to go to school? It's not like he gives a damn about school in the first place. To be frank, he must have hated it.

No, it's not like everyone here likes school but Rindou must have loathed it. A lot.

That's why he has been doing truant for ages.

"Why did you take Akio-kun's seat?" You took a glance at Akio, who sat at Rindou's supposed to seat. He responded to you with frightened eyes. That boy was shivering like he was stuck in an ice truck. Never did he expect the Haitani Rindou to even walk into your class and start taking people's seats like it's a lottery.

Rindou took his baby blue backpack off his broad shoulders and he shifted his body towards your direction.

He put his elbows on the table and his chin resting on his hand, he gave you a stupid grin.

"Because I can."

God, he's annoying.

You adjusted yourself on your seat and your expression displayed such indignation. How dare he give you such annoying answers and wake you up out of a sudden.

"You do meth or something? Your eyes are red as hell." He said while rudely pointing at your reddish eyes.

You sighed slowly, not having the energy to retort back because you thought your eyes could get better when you fall asleep just now but it didn't work. It still remains the same.