He quickly stepped out of the bedroom and dialed Nishant's number. Surprisingly, he picked up on the second ring.

"Beera!" Nishant greeted.

"What happened at the party last night after I left to talk to Anusha?" Karan asked. Not wasting time on greetings. 

There was a moment of silence before Nishant spoke. 

"Why don't you ask Teja?" 

"I will ask her. I just want some background information. Please Nishant. What am I dealing with here?" 

"Nothing, just some of Anusha's stupid friends were saying how in love you two were and how you wanted to marry her or whatever whatever. That you mentioned you regretted not talking to her and you two could have been married by now."

"That is not what I said!" Karan almost shouted. "Teja heard this?" 

"You know how these people get at parties after a few drinks". 

"Nishant... Did Teja hear all of this?" Karan asked again.

Nishant sighed. "Yeah. Sorry. She did. Those witches said it loud enough so Teja could hear every word."

Karan gritted his teeth. "Thanks," he hung up before Nishant could add anything further.

He felt his blood heat up as he pictured Teja in last night's situation. When he turned around he saw Teja standing by the door. 

"You talked to Nishant?" She asked calmly, knowing the answer. 

Karan nodded. 

"Why couldn't you just ask me?" She looked up and let out a shaky breath. "Would Nishant know how I felt last night?" Her lips quivered.

Karan wanted to reach out for her and take her into his arms to clear whatever she thought happened last night. But he was afraid she would push him off and retreat into herself again.

"Whatever those women said to you, that wasn't true. It wasn't like that. I did feel I should have talked to Anusha but that was way before — "

Teja put her hand up to stop him. "I don't care what they said to me Karan. I was hurt because you left me alone for so long." She stared at him as if she wanted to say more but then she shook her head. She moved past him to sit down at the white sectional in the living room.

Karan gazed at her for a long moment. The sight of her made his heart swell painfully. He felt this fear in his chest that he had not felt since Bigg Boss. This fear of losing her. Teja was "the married for life" type, so he knew she would never walk away from their marriage. He just did not want the typical sort of marriage with her. He wanted more. He wanted to be a part of her the way she was a part of him. He wanted to be part of her thoughts. Every day he felt she cut off his access to her, a little by little.

Karan sat down beside her and cautiously placed his lips on her cheek. It was meant to be a quick peck but the second his lips met her skin he wanted more. He wanted to breathe her in until his lungs were filled with nothing but her air. He missed her desperately.

"Teja... let me in Sweety," he half begged. "I feel like I am doing everything wrong. I don't know what to do, what to say. And I don't know how to fix it," he grabbed her hand and locked her fingers with his. 

"I don't either," she whispered. "So what do we do now?"

They sat in silence for a long time before Karan turned and sat cross legged, facing her. He grabbed her legs and pulled her until she was sitting in a similar position facing him. Her eyes narrowed questionably.