002

ma nayo-mi is enveloped in a side hug the minute her mask comes off. having no glasses and her contacts being long lost, she's momentarily confused and a bit taken aback. she's about to squirm her way out of the hug, when

"mi-mi? are you okay?"

okay. now she wasn't confused or taken aback. she knew exactly who this was. no, she wasnt confused or taken aback.

she was crying. a lot.

she reciprocates the hug, surprising cheong-san. both her and cheong-san are a crying mess. in the sweep of the moment, cheong-san picks her up slightly. he puts her down, still hugging her. after about a minute, cheong-san lets go. but its only for a couple of seconds, because he gives her another quick hug with a not-so-discreet kiss on her head.

everyone looked lost, but no one more than su-hyeok and on-jo. su-hyeok kept looking over at on-jo with a face that said, what the fuck, but she couldn't care less.

he kissed her head.

i like su-hyeok, she thought to herself.

so why did it bother her?

"my turn!" gyeong-su says and he runs up to her and hugs her. "i'm glad you're okay, noona," he says, pulling away. this earns a punch in the arm by said girl. he rubs his arm. "fucking hell, even in the end of the world you still hit me," he mocks.

"mi-mi?" su-hyeok thinks out loud. gyeong-su grins. "you can't call her mi-mi, bare-su. only cheong-san can." cheong-san puts an arm around nayo-mi, and pulls a pair of glasses out of his pocket, dropping them into her hands. "i found them in the lunch room," he says as she puts them on. "i didn't want to assume..." he trails off, and nayo-mi grabs his other hand and squeezes it.

"you look familiar," su-hyeok says.

for half a second, su-hyeok swore he saw a flash of hurt across the girl's face. he wasn't stupid. he knew who she was. he just needed her to confirm it herself. "who are you?" joon-yeong asks.

"ma nayo-mi."

ji-min steps forward. "you're the foreigner in class 3," she says.

"she's not a foreigner," cheong-san grumbles. ignoring him, nayo-mi nods. she turns to nam-ra. "long time no see." nam-ra smiles slightly, and nayo-mi smiles back. suddenly su-hyeok straightens up, his jaw tight. on-jo looks over concerned. "what? are you okay?"

"na-na, how do you know all of these people?"

nayo-mi scoffs. "now you remember? since when is it your business? also," she adds, stepping forward, cheong-san's arm dropping.

"you are not allowed to call me that anymore."

sensing the tension, gyeong-su says, "perfect! now there's two karate kids."

"shut the hell up," nayo-mi responds.

"yes ma'am," gyeong-su says, but he knows it made her laugh internally.

she never laughed much externally anyway.

after a couple moments of silence, na-yeon says, "i still don't believe her."

gyeong-su turns around, annoyed. "god, can you shut the hell up for once?" na-yeon scoffs. "you shut up, stupid welfie." gyeong-su opens his mouth in shock, shoving na-yeon into a chair. nayo-mi scoffs. "what did you just call him?" she says, stepping forward. she's now about a foot away from na-yeon's face, so close to the point they can feel each other's heavy, hot breaths. gyeong-su stops his sentence mid-way, surprised that nayo-mi cursed and raised her voice all in the same sentence.