"Fine, but this stays between the three of us. There is no way the others are going to agree to this, especially Fury and Hill. The only issue is going to be getting out of the compound with nobody noticing" Nat sighed as she thought about how protective the team were. 

"That's easy, I can cast an illusion, as far as anyone will be concerned we'll all be in our rooms" Wanda said with a slight smile, tendrils of red magic wrapping around her fingers. 

"Could you cast an illusion that will make Y/N pull their head out of their arse?" Yelena joked. 

"Okay, we'll go to this thing with Fury and Hill now. Then once that's over we all meet in the in the parking garage and go" Nat said , she was eager to get back to the city and find Y/N. 

**

Cursing in Russian, Y/N reached for the bottle of vodka on the table and took another swig of it and then poured some over the wound on the side of their stomach. One of the bullets that had been shot at them by Bucky had managed to graze them before they had gotten out of the room. 

Y/N picked up the needle and thread from the suture kit and used her free hand to pinch the skin closed before beginning to stitch the wound closed. They were furious that their reunion with Natalia had been cut short by the arrival of those three idiots, they would be sure to pay them back for the inconvenience.  

The news channel Y/N had on was reporting on the attack at the Stark Tower, much to their annoyance the reporter was saying that Stark's technology had been able to secure the tower before any real damage was sustained to it. 

Finishing the last stitch, Y/N tossed the needle back onto the table before placed a bandage over the top of the stitches. With the bottle of vodka in hand, Y/N moved to lay on the couch no longer pay attention to the TV as their mind drifted back to the events of earlier that evening.

It had intrigued them that Natalia had every opportunity to take a shot when they had been alone together, but instead she had chosen to try and reason with them. Clearly being around these 'heros' had made Natalia go soft. Y/N was also trying to workout what was going on between Natalia and that fool Bucky, they had caught the way he had looked at Natalia when he'd rushed in. 

"A widow and the winter soldier, interesting" Y/N said to themselves, wincing slightly as they adjusted how they were lying. 

Y/N knew that trying to get Natalia alone again now would be difficult, but in some ways that just made it more of a challenge and Y/N was determined to win. If they had to take out other avengers to get to Natalia then so be it. Y/N had no issues with there being collateral damage if that's what it took to succeed. 

Drinking more of the vodka, Y/N thought about what Natalia had said, about it all being lies. They had been warned that she would attempt to manipulate the truth, to try and make them believe that what had happened had been an accident, a mistake. Y/N wouldn't believe it though, they wouldn't be that weak. If it really had been a mistake then why had Natalia never come to find them? 

As they closed their eyes, memories flickered through Y/N's mind. They were back in that small cell in the Red Room, it was where Widows were taken to for correction as Dreykov liked to refer to it. Really it was torture, both physical and mental, the sort that would break someone. 

Their blood was pooling on the floor around their knees. They couldn't move, their hands had been locked into the chains fastened to the floor. Their jacket and shirt had been removed, giving the handler access to their bare skin as they used a whip to repeatedly split the skin on Y/N's back. As they did it they would constantly say that this was all Natalia's fault, that they were being punished because of her choices, for her being a traitor. 

Weeks Y/N had spent locked up in that cell. For weeks they were physically abused, their body ruined and broken. When that was done the Red Room handlers had switched to mental games, forcing Y/N to go through the same process they had done when they'd first been brought to the Red Room. All of this they said was to make them a better widow, to make them stronger so that they would not become a traitor like Natalia. 

They had destroyed who Y/N had been. 

They made them a monster instead. 

**

The meeting with Fury and Hill had been filled with a lot of disagreements. The team were all on edge and furious that Shield had kept the situation with Y/N Komarova from them for so long. Tony and Steve both looked ready to punch Fury but managed to refrain from doing it, distracted by Bucky interrupting and saying that Y/N had been in Stark Tower. 

Natasha had waited for him to tell the others that she had stopped him from getting to Y/N but instead Bucky simply said that Y/N had been able to get away before him and Sam had been able to get a hold of them properly. Steve didn't look totally convinced but he didn't push the subject. 

It had ended with a decision that the team would lay low at the compound for a couple of days and let Fury and Hill see if they could locate Y/N. Once they had then they would let the team know and a plan could be made as to how to deal with Y/N. 

As planned Natasha made her way to the parking garage once Fury and Hill had left. She had stopped off at the lab in the compound and helped herself to some of Starks tech and it was tucked under her arm as she walked in and saw that Wanda and Yelena were already there waiting. 

"What's that?" Yelena asked pointing to the box that Natasha had. 

"It's a tracking device, one of Starks toys. If we hook my phone up to it and send a message to Y/N, then this should be able to pinpoint where they are if they reply to the text" Natasha explained as she made her way to one of the SUV's. 

"How do you have their number?" Wanda asked raising a brow.

"They've sent me some messages" Natasha confessed as she got into the driver's seat. 

"Seriously? Didn't think to mention that earlier?" Yelena shook her head as she got into the car. 

Natasha ignored Yelena.

"Is the illusion in place?" Nat asked Wanda as she set up the tech. 

"Yes it is but I'm sure at some point someone is going to realise we aren't actually here. So we're going to need to be quick about this" Wanda nodded as she glanced back at the compound. 

Natasha hooked up her cell phone to the tech and then opened one of the messages from Y/N and sent a reply. 

'I'm ready to play this game, but do you really think you can beat me? You were always second place to me in the Red Room Y/N...'

Sending the message Natasha was confident that Y/N wouldn't be able to stop themselves from replying to it. They weren't going to take kindly to Nat taunting them and would want to prove her wrong. 

"Let's get out of here" Natasha said as she turned the key in the ignition and headed out of the parking garage.