spook twelve ;; ☾

Start from the beginning

"...we supervise all the supernaturals who exist in the school..." tsuchigomori said reluctantly after hanako kun motioned for him to continue.

"...and maintain proper relationships between people and supernaturals." yako san finished with a huff. hanako kun clapped his hands together, obviously pleased at the other two mysteries' cooperation.

"the short version is— we do scare people, but... we're a team of seven friends fighting on the side of justice to keep the peace at school." he pointed at himself. "and i'm the leader!"

"...but there's only three of you?" minamoto kun pointed out.

"and yako san was just attacking students just s little while ago." you added. "doesn't really sound like fighting for justice, if you ask me."

"she's talking about you, stupid fox." tsuchigomori said with a smirk, not looking at the bristling ball of fluff next to him.

"shut up, emo spider. i'm gonna chew you to pieces." she spat in response, drawing her lips back from her fangs.

"...and they're not friends." you whispered to minamoto kun, sweating as yako and tsuchigomori started to bicker. he nodded.

"that's zero outta three!"

"come on, you two..." hanako kun pulled his knife out, staring at the other two supernaturals with a threatening smile. "we're friends."

"yes, sir." yako and tsuchigomori reluctantly replied in unison, their arguing immediately silenced.

'looks like the leader thing was true at least...'

hanako cleared his throat. "like i was saying, we're a team of friends who keep the peace at this school... but apparently, one of us seven is a traitor.

that traitor has tied their fate to a human somehow, and is using that connection to spread rumors altered to suit their own purposes. as a result, the supernaturals at the school are turning savage." hanako kun motioned the the little fox near your feet. "no. 2 was one of the victims."

"the influence of those rumors depends on the strength of the linked supernatural." tsuchigomori cut in. "it is one thing to change the rumors of minor supernaturals with no seat number, but if they're powerful enough to affect one of us seven mysteries..."

he trailed off, taking another long puff off his cigarette.

"whoever's doing it must be a human tied to one of the supernaturals." yako finished, looking up at you. you furrowed your brows.

"you mean there's someone else out there like me..?!"

"that means..! um... what does that mean?" minamoto kun asked, turning to hanako kun.

"one of the seven mysteries and their human helper are causing mischief."

"oh! so we just need to pound 'em, right?!" the little exorcist slammed his fist into his palm.

"well, yeah."

"who would do such a thing, though?" you asked. hanako kun shrugged.

"we don't know. that's what our meeting was about. and then, i had an idea!" the amber eyed boy spun around, extending his arms and motioning at the boundary around you. "we should just get rid of all the seven mysteries for a while!"