She sighed and closed her eyes, swallowing hard. Her face soon shifted into an unreadable mask, and Albert knew whatever she was doing was working, as she tilted her head slightly away from him.

"Is dis botherin' ya?" Albert questioned, practically pleading for her to give in and tell him that, yes, it bothered her. He finally realized that he couldn't stand to see this girl so helpless next to someone who wouldn't hesitate before using her for his own pleasure. He couldn't help but connect her with Alex. Both had been trapped. Albeit, very differently, but trapped nonetheless.

"No," she choked out, and he could tell she was just getting more and more frustrated. Her cheeks scrunched up slightly, as if she were trying to hold back tears. "Why would it?"

Albert huffed. "Stop doin' dis ta yer-self, please. Jus say how ya really feel."

She set her jaw, showing no sign that she'd even heard him.

"If I moved closer," Albert said hesitantly, "if I... kissed ya, would dat bother you, Abigail?"

He heard her sharp intake of breath, as if picturing William doing the same and realizing how close to a reality it could be. "No... but-"

"Okay, open yer eyes." Albert sighed, and took a step back. "Remember, Ise William. Now slap me."

She looked positively horrified, like he'd just asked her to kill a cat. "I- what? Slap ya?"

He spread his arms out expectantly.

"Al, I-I can't-" she whispered, dragging her fingers through her thick raven hair. "You know I can't."

"Ya need ta know how ta protect yer-self from him if he ev-ah shows up without me close by."

She shut her eyes and slid to the ground. "It won't come ta dat."

"It will," Albert said. "I wouldn't be doin' dis if I didn't think it would."

"I can't," she repeated softly.

Albert huffed, taking a few more steps back, dragging a hand down his face. He tried to find something to say, but all he managed was a shake of his head as he stormed out of the room.

"Whoa dere, firefly," Lane said as he almost rammed into her. "Small person passin' through. What's got yer cap in a twist?"

"Ya know William Farnsworth?"

She scoffed at the name. "Yeah, he's Amy's terrible excuse of a bruddah. He also has dis weird thing goin' on wit... Dipper... oh."

"I don't like her like dat," he grumbled before it could be implied. "Ise jus worried. She's gonna get crushed by him. He don't know when ta stop."

"Dipper has nev-ah been a very forward type 'a person," Lane told him. "He's probably nev-ah even been told when he's gotta stop. Not by her, anyway."

"Exactly." Albert huffed and shot a glare towards the room she was in. "And now he's lookin' fa more. And it ain't lookin' good fa her."

"If we don't do somethin' 'bout The Unknowns, it won't be lookin' good fa any of us," she grumbled, before raising her arms up in surrender when he shot her an unimpressed look. "Alright, I get it. How can I help?"

"I need ya ta pretend ta be Dipper."

"And you'll be William."

"Exactly."

Lane slowly pondered this. "Well, sounds like a crazy plan. Let's do it."

Albert sighed, wondering how he'd ever gotten two Races as friends.