26. Right

AIRI

561 Days Later, still London

"This idea is too common. I want something new. Something fresh and this is not what I am looking for. Please do it again." I heard the manager told Simon. I saw Simon nodding his head gently.

Nilapitan ko siya at nginitian nung umalis yung supervisor niya. "Kaya pa?" I asked him.

Simon sighed. "Yeah. Guess it was this hard when you were complaining a year and a half ago and wanting to quit the job then ask Sandro to just be the one to provide." He mumbled.

Ay tangina inuungkat ang nakaraan. Nakakahiya kapag naalala ko. Hashtag laspag lines.

"Yosi break?" I suggested.

He nodded. "Sure before I fucking return to that desk and redo this shit." He mumbled, staring at his folder.

I laughed and tapped his shoulders. He just transferred here a month ago because I recommended him. He graduated months after I did, had a job then he wanted to try working in a hotel and asked if the hotel where I worked at is hiring so I recommended him.

Sandro is already a senior associate in his work. As for me, I became an events manager. It's so cliche but then they saw me when I was asked to help a client once. The client had a good feedback on how I managed her wedding anniversary.

They saw my potential in that area and asked me if I could try at nagustuhan nila performance ko that they offered to train me. A year and a half later, I was promoted..I guess worth it ang pagod at rants ko kay Sandro sa tuwing nagsusumbong ako sa kanya. I am aiming to apply for promotion next year. I'm trying out for the assistant manager in that whole department itself.

And I think I deserve it because ever since I ranted it out on him, he promised me he would give me the best sex that I ohhh so deserve.

Kidding. I went out alone during my dayoff. Went to the park and recollected my thoughts before getting back on track then I saw our ten-year goal together in our corkboard. I was inspired and motivated that added I would be in a higher position after two years. With hardwork, I was able to make it within a year and a half.

How is my sex life? Punyawa heto tigang pa rin ako. Siguro I'm so tight. Sorry not sorry.

"Reminds me Simon. Crush ka pala nung waiter sa department ko." I told him. I puffed my smoke as I told him.

Simon doesn't smoke. Sinasamahan niya lang ako. I tell him to just smoke rather than being a second hand smoker but he doesn't.

He raised a brow at me and folded his sleeves. "I don't care about someone crushing me. I need to come up with a marketing strategy before the fucking deadline tomorrow." He said, rolling his eyes.

I laughed. "Kamusta na pala si Vinny?" I suddenly asked.

Hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa nakikita si Vinny. He spent Christmas at home last last year but I wasn't able to go with Sandro because of my work. Sandro did not go home last Christmas for my sake dahil I really looked lonely when he left me for Christmas the other year.

Imagine. I am not a cry baby but I cried while eating the chicken I bought after my work that Christmas midnight while having a video call with Sandro. Sabi ko ibigay kay Vinny para siya mag-comfort sa akin pero ayaw niya. Siya na lang daw titigan ko. Edi mas lalo akong umiyak because the caterpillars missed him.

Simon rolled his eyes at me. "Are you still into Vinny AJ? It's been years. You're dating Sandro." He retorted.

"Ano ba naman yung thirty percent ng ratio sa management na feelings ko kay Vinny." I retorted back.

He sighed. "I missed that," He sighed again. Tangina sobrang stress niya. "Dati, it was just economics or management pick up lines or corny remarks. Ngayon, we're adults stuck in the adult world trying to survive the real world."

I laughed. "Aww Simon."

"Shut up." He muttered.

"Should we go on a trip?" I asked him.

"I would love to but I have a deadline." He replied.

I smiled. "Then finish it. Tapusin mo. I'll pick the date, you do your thing then I'll tell you when so you can take a leave." I suggested.

"But I don't want to be a third wheel." He answered.

I rolled my eyes. "Akala mo naman hindi sanay na palaging third wheel."

"I am used to it except when you guys kiss. Like ew. It makes me cringe." He said, looking disgusted.

I was about to say something but my phone rang. It was Sandro face timing me. I answered with a smile and showed Simon who looked so stressed.

'Hey boyfriend'

'Hey girlfriend. Hey Simon'

Simon just nodded his head.

'What's up?' I asked.

'Do you want to go out and drink after work?' He asked.

'Sounds good to me'

'I'll pick you up after work'

I nodded. 'Okay'

He looked at Simon. 'Do you want to join us?' He asked.

'No. I'm busy' Simon answered.

Sandro smirked. 'You need a girlfriend Simon. You know, to spice up your life'

I laughed. Simon made a face. 'Shut up'

The call ended minutes later and so we went back to our own work.

---

Sandro told me that he was at the entrance of the hotel as soon as I was finished with my work. After endorsing everything to the next one on the shift, I changed my uniform into a casual one. I wore a Chanel dress which Sandro bought me on his first pay check from his consultation job. I slipped on my Hermes sandals, took my bag and I was good to go.

I don't know but somehow it feels different today. As if there is something that I should look forward to today.

"Bye Perry." I told my junior as I decided to head out the locker room.

She just waved at me.

I hummed as I timed out the biometrics and headed in the hotel lobby to exit. I wasn't wearing any uniform so it was fine.

Sandro was standing up, leaning against an Aston Martin car.

My brows raised. "Is this what I think it is?" I asked, looking at him and the car.

He smiled and stepped closer, kissing me briefly on the lips. "Take a guess." He muttered.

"Shut up." I muttered while looking at the car, still astonished.

Sandro laughed. "Oliver was buying a new car and so he decided to sell his old car to me. I thought about it and so, why not? We've been talking about having one so I got us a car." He told me. He was talking about his co-worker whom I met before.

And we didn't care if it was a secondhand car so it was fine.

"Well, should you do the honours of opening it for me?" I joked him.

"Gladly." He said and opened the passenger's seat.

I laughed and gave him a kiss on the cheeks as a reward.

"You're a gentleman yourself Mr. Marcos." I told him.

He grinned. "What can I say future Mrs. Marcos, I'm all that."

And I think I blushed when he called me 'future Mrs. Marcos'

----
Ehe