────── thirty-one

Start from the beginning

"It's time we finally put all cards on the table," demanded the girl.

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

──── ˚✩ ༘*ೄ˚ ────

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

"NO! JUNTO!"

Mayu was struggling against the grip of Yin and Yang as the twins held her back from rushing toward the love of her life.

Against the rules, Kurayami had interfered with the fight between the two brothers, granting Ken an unfair advantage as he dealt a blow to the back of Junto's head. Previously hovering over Ken after he had beaten him to the ground, Junto went limp on impact, his grip on Ken slipped.

"Finally," growled Ken, venom dripping from his tongue. He pulled himself off the ground, not bothered to wipe the blood off his face. "Took you long enough."

Mayu's mouth fell open as the realization sank in, "Y-you planned this?! This was a trap all along?!"

Ken chuckled darkly, "Nothing will stand in my way of successful, darling."

He stretched a hand toward Kurayami. The Demon wordlessly passed him a gun.

Again, Mayu tore at the hands keeping her in place, screaming at the top of her lungs, praying to the gods that a miracle may save Junto as it was neither his time to leave yet nor did he deserve to die at the hands of his own flesh and blood.

"Please, Ken, have mercy!" she begged.

"I'm sorry, but I'm only taking what's rightfully mine," retorted the man, the barrel of the gun already pointed at Junto.

"You would kill your own brother over some stupid trading company?!" Mayu was in utter disbelief.

"Oh, it's so much more than that, but you women understand little about business, money and power."

It sounded condescending, to say the least.

His finger curled around the trigger.

"He stole my future from me," Ken spat angrily, "and now I'm stealing his."

When the first gunshot rang through the air, Mayu sank to her knees, clawing at her chest as she desperately breathed through the tears and sobs shaking her body.

"I don't care if my success is set in blood. I don't care if I have to kill every single person who dares to stand in my way. I will build an empire that others will be envious of," Ken proclaimed.

His black eyes flickered toward Mayu, who sat on the ground with a vacant look on her face as she stared at her finace lying in a pool of his own blood.

"And you'll be by my side."

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ

──── ˚✩ ༘*ೄ˚ ────

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ