Chapter 23 - Robots are Nosey Shits

Start from the beginning

He was pushed out of his thoughts by the sound of the doors opening, but on floor three. The person, or thing, that was standing in the door way was made out of metal. No sign of flesh was on the skin of what was standing in front of him, Tommy using his brain finally felt of moment of realization that smacked him. It was a robot, a very friendly looking one as well. The piece of moving metal step through the threshold of the elevator and stood next to Tommy, the robot wouldn't stop looking at him though.

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨, 𝕪𝕖𝕤?" The robots voice was distorted, it wasn't proper english either, but Tommy can understand it with ease.

"Oh- um- yes I am"

"𝕎𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥? 𝕀'𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖𝕟 𝕒 𝕓𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕗 𝕤𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕀 𝕕𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕔𝕥-"

"You have scanned me? Without my consent!? I am a minor you know?"

"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕖𝕨𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟, 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕖𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕦𝕚𝕝𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘"

Tommy froze, then quickly thought of excuses to get out of this problem.

"Ah Yes- I know that- um... I actually turned eighteen a couple of weeks ago. Still trying to get into the habit of not mistaking my self to being a minor." Tommy laughed awkwardly towards the end, but the robot just kept staring at him leaving a long silence between them.

"𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕟, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕢𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕛𝕠𝕓. 𝔹𝕦𝕥 𝕞𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕤𝕒𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕖𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖, 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕣𝕠𝕠𝕞?"

"What is that?" Tommy questioned, kinda wondering why it was taking forever to get to floor seven.

"𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕥𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕣𝕦𝕚𝕤𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕓𝕠𝕕𝕪, 𝕚𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕠 𝕤𝕖𝕖𝕞𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕓𝕝𝕒𝕕𝕖 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕓𝕣𝕦𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕟 𝕚𝕥, 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕨𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕠 𝕚𝕤 𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪 𝕝𝕠𝕨 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥"

To Tommy this information gathered from one scan had the blonde mesmerized, he indeed hate hero's but the inventions and weapons they have are mind blowing. He gave himself some attention in his mind for not feeling much pain even though he had a bruised bone. He realized that he hasn't answered and once again started to come up with excuses.

"I'm fine really, nothing too serious I can't handle until after the interview"

"𝕌𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕠𝕕, 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕒 𝕞𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕊𝔹𝕀-"

"No! Don't send them anything." Tommy shouted at the robot, grabbing the tin cans attention.

"I mean... Don't say anything to them, I am fine and there is nothing to drag them into. Don't wanna become an inconvenience to them." Tommy spit with venom as he said it while the robot stood there not speaking.

Then the doors opened once again, the small screen had the number "7" on it, Tommy immediately walked out that awkward situation by quickly crossing the threshold between the elevator and the long hallway. The robot did not stop him, he just stared at the boy who was now walking through the hallway. The metal doors closed and Tommy continued his way down the hallway, trying to find something that resembles a waiting room.

Thankfully he did, the area was full of people dressed in fancy clothing fiddling with papers or constantly checking their watch. Tommy being ninety percent sure he was in the right place leaned up against the wall, to him it felt morally wrong to sit with the rest of the people. They looked professional, they looked presentable, clean, and Tommy... He wore a sweater that was probably still covered in germs due to his old sickness, his hair was unkept and the purple bags under his eyes didn't help with his appearance much either.

The blonde felt out of place, like a checker piece on a chess board.

This isn't really where he wants to be but, if he got the job this could ultimately change the way him and his friends live forever. Not having to worry about food or the bills, even living in a more decent place would be good for all of them. He swallowed what little saliva was in his mouth and pulled out his phone, seeing a notification from Ranboo. It said "we're cheering for u! Good luck!" It was definitely the confidence needed in this moment, he would thank Ranboo but he didn't want to become a clingy shit so he replied with a "fuck off" and switched over to YouTube.

Nothing could go wrong at this point, he just prayed that the nosey junk of metal didn't snitch on him.