I left the library with a quiet environment as they proceed to their own business but as it continued, the blossoming shame spirit in me would compress rancor. I almost cursed myself on my first time meeting a muse.

Bahagya na akong nakalayo-layo mula samain library nang may napagtanto ako. I searched the sides of my pockets and even the insides of my bag but my phone wasn't there.

I frustratedly ran my fingers through my hair and then decided to go back to the library. I was walking at a fast pace before I'd be late for my next class and hopefully, no one would steal my phone.

Bubuksan ko na sana ang pinto nang may lumabas ding estudyante roon. A small gasp left from the latter's lips when she almost bumped into me.

"Oh no, I'm so sorry," she lift her head, and there, I met the most beautiful siren eyes that will cause me a lure into the depth of her enigma.

For the love of God, it's her!

She's in front of me right now! I think I'm gonna pass out anytime.

I cleared my throat before answering, ''U-uh, it's okay...¨

She gave me a short nod before she excused herself and walk past me. I was left there, standing for a frozen second, as soon as I came back to my senses, I immediately chase her, now a few meters away.

"Miss!" I called but of course, it wasn't enough so I jogged myself back in their direction.

"Hey, miss. . ." I halted back my hand for almost touching her arm. Any girl wouldn't like it if a guy suddenly touches her without her permission especially if the girl doesn't know that a guy like me existed in her world.

"Oh, do you need something?" She eyed me wearily.

Naghihina 'yung tuhod ko. I met a lot of girls my age, but nothing— no one has ever made my knees weak like an ice cream melting when the sun rays at them. As a mortal, I would worship her if she want me to— as the Goddess who possessed such beauty like Aphrodite.

"Ano. . ." I scratch the back of my nape, "the thing is, you were seated near my table so if ever you came across mine, did you perhaps see a phone left on the table?"

"Table 16, you mean?"

"Ah, oo," tango ko kahit hindi ako sigurado. Nasa kaniya na natuon ang buong atensyon ko mula kanina imbes ang nasasabing pagsasaliksik para sa aralin.

"Ah! I left it with the assigned librarian, just in case the owner— which is you will come back for it."

Damn you, Sky. Don't expect her to give it directly to you.

"Okay, Thank you. . ." Riri. I badly wanna say her name aloud but I don't wanna freak her out by simply knowing her name so suddenly. With a simple nod, she turned her back on me before she started to walk away.

Staring at her back means one thing. . . I wanna see her again.

"Tangina, Skyrues. Sinasabi ko sa'yo, ang init-init dito. Tingnan mo 'yung aircon dito sa banda natin, ang hina! Tapos dun sa isa—" mahinang reklamo ni Limuel matapos ko siyang mapapayag na samahan ulit ako sa library.

"Tumahimik ka muna, please. Thank you."

"Aba't— hoy pare, gusto mo bang ibalik kita sa sinapupunan ni tita?"

"Ikaw ang ibabalik ko kapag hindi ka pa tumahimik." He immediately shut his mouth, I lifted a smirk to myself, "Hmm, thanks for cooperating, Lim."

Irap at singhal lang ang isinagot nito sa akin bago itinuon ang sarili palapit sa lamesa at saka humalumbaba doon, "Sino 'yan?"

I ignored him and continue what I was doing, sketching her features I kept alive to remember in my head.

"Bawal," nguso ko at agad na iniwas ang papel mula rito nang subukan nitong silipin ang ginuguhit ko.

"Hindi na talaga kita sasamahan dito, bahala ka d'yan."

It's been a few days since I first met her, since then, It became part of my routine to include seeing her secretly in my schedules.

Nang namataan ko siyang dumating ay agad akong napaayos nang upo kahit na malabo ang tiyansang makita ako nito gayong nasa padulo ako nakapwesto.

I looked away when she kissed the same boy from the other day on the cheeks.

"Olats ka, pre, may jowa pala," mahina nitong tinapik ang balikat ko, di malaman kung paano niya nalaman na sa babae ako nakatingin.

Ilang minuto lang din kaming nanatili roon bago namin mapagpasyahang umalis na. While walking over the greenery grass of Crestview's field as the crimsoned-orangery autumnal leaves left the tree, I kept my silence.

"Ang tahimik mo, gusto mo bang lagyan ko ng backround music para makapag-senti ka?" Limuel broke the silence.

Napailing ako, ngayo'y bahagya nang natatawa, "Sira ka talaga."

"Gusto mo ireto kita? May kilala ako. . ." I gave him a side glance and saw him wiggling his eyebrows, clearly teasing me.

"No, thanks," natatawa kong inilingan ang kaibigan.

"Bakit? Kaysa naman doon sa may jowa!"

"Ano naman?"

"Huh?" napatulala ito sa sagot ko.

I stopped myself from taking another step and squinted my eyes when the afternoon sun kissed my eyes, "Lim, sometimes, liking someone doesn't mean you also want to be in a relationship with them. Liking someone can be genuine at times, seeing them happy; makes you happy, and even from afar, you'd root for their success in life."

I began taking a step again, "I can still like her in my ways and I will keep liking— admiring her from afar to keep my distance. Even when my heart unfamiliarized the remnants she buried deep in me."

"Okay, chill. Sabi ko nga walang reto-retong magaganap," he tittered a laugh as he scratched the back of his nape.

If I'd be able to meet her again, I'll gift her a lover kiss of a lifetime.

I can't wait to prove and fulfill that to her.

happy 20k reads ! sorry medyo natagalan sa special chapter but thank you always for waiting ! im so grateful to have you here <3