001. name of the game

Start from the beginning

Before exiting the area altogether, the dirty blonde was met with the foul sight of what appeared to be a humanoid dog, uncontrollably licking the small square window connected to the wall of every room.

Saphirra grimaced at the sound of the glass squeaking against saliva, but kept her steady pace throughout a maze of corridors and hallways that finally got them all somewhere more significant. 

They were all stopped outside a room, and given their own unique uniforms.

Saphirra had never had her own suit, but once she was instructed to change into it, she did as was told.

Within a sectioned off portion containing an empty room, she held the clothing item in her hands, looking down to observe what would soon be formally on her figure.

After it was put on with care, Saphirra managed to observe herself within the reflection of a metallic tabled stationed directly in the middle of the room.

What she saw put a faint grin on her face. It was a skintight catsuit, colored a dark blue that shimmered in the right lighting conditions. With every shift that Saphirra made, a new glimmer of radiance would appear.

Damn, did she look good in her newly established style. 

After another session of walking through what seemed like a maze of walls, they reached what seemed to be their final destination.

The door opened to reveal a wide spread projection room, fit with everything necessary to go through a presentation.

As everyone flooded in and managed to find seats fanned out from one another, Saphirra chose one near the middle aisle. Something that was close enough to the screen but still far enough to not be bothered by anyone else.

The lights magically appeared to dim, starting the journey of the information needed for the 'team' to stay on task and work together throughout their upcoming days. 

"Corto Maltese, is a small island off the Coast of South America. Over the past 100 years, the country has been ruled with an iron fist by the Herrera family." Amanda stood front and center for all to see, beginning her dump of facts and clicking through pictures to help better visualize the words slewing out of her mouth.

"But, a week ago, this guy, General Silvio Luna, along with his right-hand man, Mayor General Matteo Suarez took control of the Corto Maltese government in a violent military coup." She paused, sliding between photograph after photograph.

Throughout all the words being given to her and everyone else there, Saphirra kept her eyes glued to the screen before her. It was some of the most valuable details she had ever been given.

In a blur of time, the projector was clicked off. All Saphirra needed to know was that they needed 'The Thinker' to assist them in  destroying all traces of what was known as 'Project Starfish'. All they had to do was find him at a bar he had been seen to frequent at.

Saphirra's train of thought was cut through by the words of Amanda asking if there were any lingering questions from among the room.

The green eyed girl managed to spot Cleo gently raising her hand, presumably to ask an unimportant question. Waller looked towards her, giving an inaudible signal to ask away.

"What is that?" The girl asked, pointing at a disregarded piece of junk that had been stashed away in the corner of the room.

"That is an overhead projector." Waller answered distastefully. Saphirra could tell that Amanda was getting sick and tired of all the absolute idiots that she undoubtedly had to deal with that day. It put a smirk on Saphirra's face to know that she was getting more irritated with this crowd by the second.

"Do you ever use it anymore?" Cleo questioned once again.

"No, not really." Waller shook her head, looking around.

"So, why don't you just throw it away?" The brunette inquired out of curiosity.

Amanda diverted her attention, now calling on Peacemaker to ask whatever was burdening his mind.

"Starfish is a slang term for butthole. Think there's any connection?" Peacemaker managed to interrogate with a completely straight face.

Saphirra simply turned her head back, glaring at him for asking such an idiotic question. Now thinking it over, she realized that she was going on a death mission with a load of fools. She would need all the luck she could get.

Amanda answered with a bland 'no.' hoping to be done with them as soon as possible.

Lastly, she called upon Nanaue.

"Hand." He suggested out graciously, raising his other arm up to point at his palm.

"Yes, that is your hand, Nanaue, very good." Amanda finalized.

Saphirra averted her eyes to the shark, allowing her former glare to contort into an amused smirk.

"We're all gonna die." The accented man affirmed to the rest of the seated group. The only tone present in his voice was that of honesty as well as certainty.

Another man beside him turned his head to face Bloodsport.

"I hope so." He said, somewhat letting his words out as a plea.

Saphirra knew that there was no chance she would make it out alive with just this single group. They all had conflicting beliefs and personalities that would set them apart and make it harder to work together.

All she could do was pray to whatever guardian angels may or may not have been looking over her.

"God fucking help me." Saphirra whispered under her breath, commenting more to herself than anyone else.

It was going to be a long night.

𝑨𝒖𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒚 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔 !

𝑨𝒖𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒚 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔 !

so this is sort of a filler chapter, just to introduce the main characters and saph as a whole. it's the way that i am actually addicted to writing for this book and i'm honestly pretty happy with this chapter. it turned out a lot better than i expected. don't worry, saphirra will do more speaking in later chapters once i get the ball rolling for the plot and movie. but i stayed up writing this and now i want to go to sleep. if no one reads this i will be very sad so spam the shit out of this please. hope you guys liked it <3

( 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝗴𝗶𝗳 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴  dorkiest_nerd )