001. name of the game

Start from the beginning

If others had known Harper Eve, they wouldn't have been complaining.

Saphirra was offered few luxuries. Perhaps because of the fear she spiked in others, or because of her deadly crime. To that she would never know.

On a day like any other, Saphirra sat restfully on her bed, holding a book in her grasp. The only novel that she had read time after time, somehow never getting bored with the contents.

Yet something caught the attention of her crystal green eyes. The sight of the infamous Amanda Waller rapidly approaching her gloomy coated cell. Followed by two men, a girl she somewhat knew for loving rats, a man covered head to toe in what appeared to be polka dots, and what seemed to be a walking shark.

Saphirra knew that Waller ran the systematic ways of the building. She also knew that she wasn't one to mess around, especially regarding missions.

Two heavily armed guards opened her cell door, which was Saphirra's silent queue to stand up on her feet.

She dropped the book down to the white coverings and allowed the men to carefully detach the mechanism that had been clung to her neck since the moment she got there.

"Finally, we have Saphirra Eve, also known as Shimmer. Singlehandedly the most deadly inmate in this facility." The woman clad in business sensitive clothing spoke.

Saphirra watched as all their gazes lingered on her. Of course, they were all thinking the same thing at the time. How could such a small girl be the most vicious one there?

As the two men finished taking off the device, Saphirra rubbed her neck, reveling in the feeling of of air now being able to sooth her normally covered up skin. It was something that she never wanted to go back to, and hopefully she never would.

Saphirra felt a newfound sense of identity. It was like she had been introduced back to her old self, but somehow with more boiling blood coursing through her vessels. She could feel the bubbling anger and rage building up once more, this time threatening to spill over at any given minute.

Just at that second, another man, one with an unfamiliar accent decided to speak up and make his presence known.

"So what does she do?" He asked Amanda somewhat sarcastically, expecting to hear something unusually stupid as a response.

"Miss Eve here can create highly lethal energy blasts." Amanda stated, not taking her sights off of the once again powerful girl.

After receiving the answer from their higher up, the group looked at her surprised. Perhaps they weren't expecting her to have such a legitimized answer. Such an innocent looking person with such a great ability could presumably be the downfall of many.

Saphirra frowned unintentionally. She had no idea what was going on, nor what would be happening to her in only a few short moments.

Amanda seemed to continue on with her finishing proclamation.

"Saphirra can be your greatest asset, or your greatest threat. Do not deceive her."

Ending off the discussion through Amanda's last sentence, the amass of people in front of Saphirra grew silent and weary. Careful of how they reacted, yet still hesitant to believe what was told without having seen it for themselves.

Without another word Saphirra joined the assortment, blending in as well as anyone else.

"These are soldiers?" The mysterious man from before asked hastily, deciding to stay in his place until further investigation.

"We need to debrief." Waller said calmly, leading the group out of the region they were previously located.

Saphirra secured her steps, figuring it would be better to follow her commands rather than break the rules and end up back in the box she hated oh so much.