𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Not you?"

"I always worry about you Matty," hearing this, he smiled at the nickname she'd occasionally called him back when they were still in college. "You've got new bruises and cuts practically every time I see you, I'm not even looking at you right now because I don't even want to know what new ones you've got. What, are you in some kind of fight club or something?"

He chuckled, thankful that she couldn't hear his heartbeat. "I'm alright."

"You really worried us you know." She sighs, a little tired, and disappointed. Normally not one to push Matt, Cassie has grown concerned. In all the time she's known him, he has never ignored her or Foggy like that. Even when he was hooking up with a girl, he'd let at least one of them know that he was busy.

The only reason she's feeling like this about him keeping an obviously big secret, is because she knows it has to be dangerous. Why is he always injured? Why is there always a new cut or bruise? And why can't he tell her?

When Matt stays silent, Cassie finally gets up and checks her phone, responding to Foggy and telling him that Matt is alright. When he asks where Matt was all night, Cassie can only respond with "🤷🏻‍♀️", since he won't say anything.

"Where are you going?"

"Home. Foggy text me a bunch of times, really worried about you. I was too, which was why I got up before the sun had even fully risen. And I fell asleep waiting for you. You came home, now we know you're okay, so I can go now."

"You don't have to—"

She sighs, throwing her hands up. "Matt somethings obviously going on. I can see right now even with the lights off, you're hurt right now. I don't know where you were or how you got those injuries, and you're clearly not going to tell us. I came here to see if you were alright, and you said you were so, goodbye."

He wants to tell her. So badly. But once she knows, she can't un-know, and that's what terrifies him. The disappointment and frustration are evident in her voice, and he can hear her in the living room grabbing her purse and slipping her shoes back on.

Ignoring the pain, Matt forces himself out of bed, puts his glasses on, and walks into the living room. She doesn't say anything, but he can tell Cassie is standing to the left of the couch. "Cassie, I..."

"You don't have to tell me whatever's going on, if it makes you that uncomfortable. But I'm not gonna sit here and act like it's all fine. You don't realize that whatever you're doing affects more than just you. I gotta go, I have a lot of planning to do."

As she puts her purse over her shoulder, Cassie glances up when she hears Matt let out a soft groan. In the light, his injuries are a lot more obvious.

"Bed."

"What?"

"Go sit down on the bed." Sighing, she puts her purse down once again. As upset as she is, she wouldn't be able to concentrate at home knowing Matt was like... this.

Matt opens his mouth to ask why, but stays silent and makes his way to his bed. He doesn't know what she's doing, but he worries that if he says anything more, she'll just leave.

After a minute, Cassie emerges from the bathroom. She'd retrieved a couple of towels, and the first aid kit from under his sink, not even wanting to know what was in the garbage bag beside it.