〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖〛countdowns and conversations

Start from the beginning

Ashido? That was-

Mina laughed as she ran over slinging an arm around your shoulders. "Y/N!!" She yelled, "I can't wait to melt your butt!"

Despite everything you laughed at her antics. "Good soup." You stated matter-of-factly only to get bonked by Mina for the reference. "Let's have fun? Okay?"

Crap now you definitely couldn't withdraw...

﹤┈┈┈﹥

You sat, perched on your heels as you stared at the arena.

You had no idea how to feel. Both Midoriya and Shinsou were your friends. Were you supposed to be rooting for someone? You liked them both. You didn't know what the proper friend protocol was for two of your friends competing against each other.

Kaminari poked you, pulling you from your thoughts. "Yo! Saitama! Who do you think is gonna win?"

You glanced at him before looking back at Shinsou and Midoriya.

Depends on whether or not Shinsou could brainwash Midoriya. You'd seen him talking with some of the other students that Shinsou had brainwashed so you could steal their headbands. He probably has an idea of what Shinsou's quirk was. When it came to physical strength, Midoriya could easily beat him... But you could tell that Midoriya was the kind of person who processed things by talking. His muttering was proof of that.

"Depends..." You muttered, leaning back and looking up, more to yourself than anyone else.

"Huh?! Hey, hey..." Present Mic yelled over the speakers. You immediately looked back at the arena and saw Midoriya with that same glazed over look.

"First move goes to Shin..." You mumbled, watching Midoriya just walk across the arena. He moved slowly though. You wondered if it was a side effect of Midoriya trying to free himself of the brainwash or if that was how Shinsou's quirk worked in general.

It sucked.

You looked around at your classmate. They were all angry and upset. How Shinsou could win so easily. How it wasn't fair.

Win so easily.

(Would they be that mad at you too?)

Your hands clenched into fists.

Then a gust of wind smacked you in the face and you saw Midoriya, with a newly broken finger, somehow free of Shinsou's brainwashing.

Midoriya ran at Shinsou and threw him out of bounds.

Three more rounds... Then it was your turn...

You gulped.

﹤┈┈┈﹥

You stared shell-shocked at the mountain of ice that had stopped just a foot from your face.

That was... a bit of overkill?

You glanced past it at Todoroki. What was his deal?

You glanced back at the ice cliff.

Hmm...

Then without really thinking, you reached out and cracked off a few pieces dumping them into your water bottle. Nice.

Your hands were only shaking from the cold, you promised.

Two to go...

﹤┈┈┈﹥

"All these hallways look the same..." Keita grumbled as he turned another corner and saw more beige hallways. "Ugh..."