Ch.9

I stared blankly at him, "W-what the hell? Freddy?" I reached up and touched his face. Skin. He had freaking skin. I moved up to his nose, then his forehead, and finally to his hair. It was soft chocolate colored hair. He watched me as i played around with his hair.

"Why didnt you show me this earlier?" I asked

He looked down like he was full of shame, "Well, i thought you would say i was a freak."

I lifted his chin, "Freddy, all of this, is insane." He looked away, "But i wouldn't say you're a freak. You cant help what you are, and even if you are a freak you'd be my freak. I love you the way you are."

His eyes filled with tears, "Why are you crying? Did i say something wrong? Im sorry!"

He grabbes my hand and pulled it to his lips, "No. I just- you said all the right things. So many have called us- me a freak, but not you. Why?"

I thought for a while, "Well, maybe cause im just crazy." I smiled and he chuckled as i wiped the tears from his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Don't ever think of yourself as a freak. Okay?" I whispered

He nodded, "Okay. I love you too." The bell rang signaling it was 6. His expression turned sad as he immediately made his way to the stage. I peeked out into the hallway. He looked back and smiled and i did the same. I gathered my things and left. I wish i could stay with him, or that he could come with me. But we both know that it wouldnt work out.

I walked home, excited for the next night.