Shot Of Love (A Brittana Story)

Brittany's POV

I was just going to the bathroom when suddenly I heard gunshots, and then students screaming. I was the only one in here. 'Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Don't panic Brittany, just don't panic.' I thought. 'Should I get back to the choir room? That's probably way too dangerous.' I quickly locked myself in a stall. I turned around thinking about what to do.

'Damn it, why isn't Santana here anymore?!' She always used to come with me to the bathroom, making sure I was okay and never alone. But she graduated. So now I am alone.

I decided that if anyone came in here with a gun, they shouldn't be able to see I was in here, so I closed the lid of the toilet and got on it, crouching down. Then it started to really sink in. There was someone in McKinley High with a gun, and actually firing it! Slowly tears started to make their way to my eyes. I tried to keep it back, but soon it all came out. I started full on sobbing, begging inside of my head that Santana was going to walk through that door, hold me and tell me that everything was going to be perfectly fine. But she won't. She doesn't go here anymore. She's not even my girlfriend anymore! Wait, I even have a boyfriend, Sam! Am I not supposed to be begging that he comes walking in? I don't even know what to think, but what I do know is that I need Santana, not Sam.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from outside, and before I knew it someone was standing in front of my stall. How long have I been in here? I quickly held my breath, scared that it was going to be the shooter, coming here to kill me. But then I heard the familiar voice of Mr. Shuester saying "Brittany? Are you in here?" I quickly opened the stall door and hugged him, sobbing on his shoulder. We said nothing, he just held me while I cried.

Mr. Shuester helped me back to the choir room and quickly locked the door behind us. Kitty and Sam immediately hugged me while I sobbed on Kitty's shoulder. Sam tried to get me to hug him but I couldn't do it. I knew that I wasn't supposed to be with him in the first place so I just stayed with Kitty until she calmed me down. I lifted my head up from her shoulder. I mumbled a 'sorry' to her for getting her Cheerio top wet. She grabbed my hand and told me that it's okay to be scared, most certainly in my position. Then I noticed that Ryder was recording himself saying something to his parents, for if we... I can't say it.

"Wait, where's my bag?" I asked quietly. Some looked at me like I was crazy but Kitty just pointed at it next to her. "Can you give it to me please? I really need to call someone..." Kitty looked at me and nodded, handing me my bag. I smiled thankfully and took it. I quickly started to look through it for my cell. As soon as I found it I scrolled through my contacts until I found her name. I pushed the 'call' button and held my phone against my ear.

"Pick up, Santana, please pick up..." I thought to myself. Sam looked at me jealously. Shit, did I say that out loud? When the phone stopped ringing and I thought she picked up, of course it had to be the voicemail. "Fuck!" I said, letting another tear fall. They all looked at me like I had just killed a man or something. "What?" I asked sounding harsh. They all quickly looked away. "Sorry..." I mumbled.

We'd been sitting there for a while until cops got us to go outside. As soon as I got outside, someone grabbed my hand and pulled me to the side of the school, away from the rest. Sam.

"Are you okay? You wouldn't even let me hold you in there." He asked, looking genuinely concerned. I looked up at him and knew I had to end it. I can't do this anymore.

"Sam... When I was in that bathroom, alone... I was thinking of the person that I really love. I wanted that person to come and save me, you know?" I started and I saw him smiling at the word love. "Look, you are an amazing person and your impressions are awesome but... You see, the problem is just... I wasn't thinking about you when I was in there. I was thinking about-" "Santana." He cut me off before I could finish. I looked down and nodded. "I'm so sorry, Sam." I said and looked up at him. He smiled sadly. "Don't be Britt, you can't help it." He said and hugged me. "I'll see you later." He said and walked away.

After that I went home and spent the night with my parents talking and trying to relax. Suddenly, at 2am, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." I said, got up and walked to the door. As soon as I opened it I was met with a bone-crushing hug from a girl with tan skin and black hair that I'd recognize any day. "Santana..." I whispered. "Brittany..." She whispered back and we just stood there, holding one another. After a minute or so, she pulled away and looked at me with a worried look in her eyes. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt? " She asked and grabbed my hand after closing the door. "Sam called me when he got home, he told me about the shooting and your break-up. I got on the first flight here." She explained and blushed lightly. I smiled and stroke her cheek. "I'm fine, Santana. I was scared but I'm fine now." I told her honestly. "Oh thank God." She whispered and hugged me once again. "I missed you so much." I whispered into her hair. "I missed you too Britt, so so much." She replied. When we pulled away I grabbed her hand and took her to the living room.

"Santana, what are you doing here at this time of the night? Don't you live in New York City?" My mom asked and got up while my dad paused the movie.

"Um yes, but um... Sam called me about the shooting and I needed to know if Brittany was alright so, yeah here I am" Santana said and blushed deeply. I smiled at her blushing.

"So mom, she can stay, right? I mean, it's 2am." I said, my voice filled with hope.

"Of course she can stay Brittany! You don't think we'd throw her out, do you?" my mom asked playfully. I quickly kissed her cheek and mumbled a 'thanks' before taking Santana upstairs. We sat down on my bed and just stared at each other for a little while.

"Britt, can I ask you something?" Santana asked at some point. I nodded. "Why'd you break up with Sam?" She asked me while adverting her eyes.

"Because, when I was in that bathroom on my own during the shooting, I wasn't thinking about him saving me, I was thinking about you so I knew it wasn't right." I answered truthfully. Santana looked at me and we locked eyes. We both leaned in slowly but surely. Santana closed the gap between our lips at last and when we kissed I felt all the unicorns in my stomach running around like crazy. She put her hand on my cheek and pushed me back on my bed softly without breaking the kiss. I moaned softly when her hand ran across my side, grazing the side of my breast. She then pulled back just a little so she could speak.

"Brittany... I need you... I love you and I was an idiot for breaking up with you and hurting you but... please, please take me back. I love you so much it hurts, Britt." Santana said while a tear ran down her cheek. I reached up and wiped the tear away.

"Santana, you know I need you too and of course I love you. Yeah, you were an idiot for breaking us up but I would be honored to be able to call you my girlfriend again." I replied and watched as Santana's face broke out into a beautiful, goofy grin.

"Thank you, thank you so much for giving me another chance, Britt!" She said sounding like a little kid who just got all the candy she wanted. She gave me a kiss on my lips and then started leaving little kisses all over my face. I started giggling and grabbed her head in my hands, smiling. I pulled her down and kissed her with passion.

"I love you so much, Brittany S. Pierce." Santana whispered after the kiss.

"And I love you so much too, Santana Lopez." I replied and pulled her down joining our lips together once again.