18 | Peregrinating Paris (part 1)

Start from the beginning

We pelted inside of the airport building, discerning that we were so out of place. Sasha was being noisy and whining about food the moment we stepped in, as if she didn't eat the whole flight. Connie was acting like a goofball, Bertholdt and Reiner were acting like everyone here was complete foreigners, and Hanji was pointing at everyone and everything, which caused a bunch of uneasy stares.

"Brats. You're making all of us look like idiots. Get it together, or you're going to regret it." Levi scolded all of us, while slightly tugging on Sasha's ear, so that she could stop whining.

"..Right. Okay everyone, it seems like we'll have to wait out this queue and then we'll take a city bus to our hotel." Historia stated, smiling at us.

"Needs to happen soon, I am starving!" Reiner shouted, rubbing his stomach.

"Guys, we aren't at school. We can't act how we normally would, so have some sense and please keep it down." Mikasa stated, giving everyone a death stare.

"Someone with common sense, no wonder she's the top of this class." Levi muttered underneath his breath.

After we waited out our queue, we exited the airport and loitered at the nearest bus stop for an hour or so, before the city bus had finally arrived. The bus door swung open, revealing our bus driver, who smiled at us and gesticulated us to step inside.

"Bonjour!" He vociferated at us, as we stepped inside of the bus, taking our seats. Since we were a party of fourteen and we undoubtedly made ourselves look like fools in the airport, no one else entered the bus after us.

"What did he say? Banjo?" Connie spoke out loud, but low enough, so that the driver wouldn't hear.

"No, dumbass. He said something like, Bonjour.—I think it means welcome, maybe?" Reiner replied, shrugging his shoulders.

"No, idiot! It means food." Sasha rolled her eyes, eating a piece of bread that was in her backpack.

"That doesn't even make any damn sense. Why would he open the bus doors and yell out 'food' to us." Connie asked, nettled.

"I guess French class in middle school didn't do you guys much justice, did it?" Ymir asked, resting her face on her hand.

"You idiots are wrong, it means Hello. Ask horse-face, he should know some French." Eren butted in, shaking his head.

"Eh? I don't want to hear a word out of you Eren, so shut it! If it were up to me, you wouldn't even be here to begin with." Jean scowled and stood up, pointing at him.

"Well good thing it ain't up to you, Le Stallion." Eren replied, trying to imitate a French accent the best he could.

Jean clenched his fists and raised them up in the air, as if he were about lunge over the seats and strike a hit. I placed my hands over Jean's delicately and brought his fists back down to his sides, indicating that he shouldn't stoop down to Eren's level. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have invited Eren as well, but I wasn't going to let him ruin this trip for me, for Jean, or for anyone at that matter.

He sat back and gave me a soft smile, "Thank you, (Y/N). You really do keep me calm, he just pisses me off so much." He rubbed his head from frustration.