𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the coff— oh, hi."

Cassie glanced up as a young blonde woman exited what she assumed was their break room, clutching a cup of coffee as if her life depended on it.

"You could've said someone else was here, I would've brought extra food!" Cassie whisper-yelled. She immediately walked over to the woman, holding out a hand. "Hi, I'm Cassie."

"Karen," the woman looks at Cassie nervously, smiling as she shakes her hand.

"Do you like chicken? I wasn't sure what else to grab, so," Cassie holds out the container that was meant to be her dinner. She suspected if Karen knew the food wasn't actually for her, she might refuse it.

"O-oh, umm, yeah. Thanks."

"Okay well I will let you guys get back to it. It was nice meeting you Karen," Cassie smiles, hoping that a warm meal might bring at least a little bit of comfort to the poor woman.

As she sees Cassie slip her purse over her shoulder, Karen freezes. "When we met for drinks..." she whispers.

"Pardon?" Cassie turns back around to face her.

"At... at the club. When we met for drinks. Sorry I didn't mean to... seeing your purse made me remember but there was a woman at the club, near us at the bar. She had the same purse but in a different color. It was when we were having a drink that I started to feel funny..."

"Apologies Miss Page," Foggy stepped in. "Although Cassie is my sister, I have to stress again that you don't discuss any details of the case unless it's with myself or Mr. Murdock over here."

"R-right. Sorry," she looked down at her coffee.

"It's okay," Cassie smiled. "Don't worry about it. I'll just get going now."

"Here I'll walk you out," Matt stood up again, holding his arm out.

"Sorry about your dinner," he says once they've stepped outside.

"It's fine, really. I'll grab something again on the way home. I just feel bad because Foggy didn't mention you guys had a client here, I would've gotten more."

"Must've just slipped his mind."

"Anyway you should get back inside right? Nelson and Murdock's first client! I hope the case goes well. Call me if you guys need me to print some more papers okay?" Cassie laughs.

Matt soaks in these few moments of peace with her. He has a feeling that once he goes back inside and they really dig in to this case, there won't be any quiet for a while.

"I will, promise."

The two talk outside for a couple more minutes, until Cassie's Uber pulls up. Her driver apologizes, saying she'd taken a wrong turn and had to go around the block.

After hugging goodnight, Matt waits until he hears the car driving off down the street, before he goes back inside.

Little did any of them know, that Karen was right. There were people watching her, keeping close tabs on everything. And now seeing Cassie exit the building, unaware she was a stranger to Karen, she was being watched too.