Valentine's day

Simon sighed as he looked at JJ’s room, it was valentine’s day and he didn’t get a gift. Not that a gift was required, it’s just that.. He’s hoping to get a greeting or something.

“JJ, I’m going to Josh’s!” He shouted from the living room, “okay! Stay safe!” JJ replied back, not even making an effort to come out to kiss him goodbye or say something corny.

Simon pulls out his phone. Obviously he had to text Josh that he was going to his before he (Simon) goes there.

Dad Joshy <33
Me: Can I come there now?
Dad Joshy <33: yeah sure
——
The trip to Josh’s was a blur, from the train ride to the breaded man’s house.

He was finally there, he knocks three times before the door was opened. In front of him was the breaded man, “Simon! Come in!” said Josh, opening the door for him.

In return, Simon gave Josh a soft smiling to which the breaded man return with a question, “What did he do now?” 

Simon sighs as he sat on the couch. “he hasn’t greeted me for valentine’s day nor has ” Simon said sadly, his eyes not meeting Josh’s.

Josh looks at Simon, his mood saddening seeing his best friend sad. He sighed, maybe he could hint it at least?

“you don’t know Si, he could have a surprise for you” said Josh as he sat beside the blond man. Simon smiled, “yeah, maybe he does have a surprise for me” he had a little hope , JJ probably has some corny plan for him.

--

He came back to the apartment at 7:30pm , and was ready to be met by some high class decorations. He could see it from the entrance, there were no decorations, no rose petals nor red hearts.

Simon let out a huff of frustration, ‘not even a greeting’ he thought to himself, he walked aggressively towards JJ’s (their) room.
As he turns the handle and opens the door, he gasps.
——
   [•|Earlier|•]
JJ smiles as Simon left, ‘it was time’. He stood up and quickly ran outside their room, grabbing his necessary items consisting: phone, wallet, and keys.

He pulled out his phone, opened WhatsApp and clicked Josh’s contact. 

   Josh
Me: Don’t let him come home bro
Josh: ok I’ll keep him here as long as I can
Me: thx

--
JJ drove to the shop he went at last night, a crochet and flower shop. He went inside and was immediately greeted by the smell of flowers.

“Hi! What can I help with you today JJ?” said the cashier, her brown hair tied into a bun, she wore the usual green apron that make her brown skin pop.

“The crochet sunflower reservation I made, can I have those now?” “oh yeah sure! Just wait here I’mma go and get it” and she was gone.

He looked around for a bit before spotting a heart shape box of chocolate and a bouquet of daises. He grabbed both as the cashier comes with two crocheted sunflowers. He paid the items and went to his next stop.

It was a local store. He went inside, grabbed a basket, and went to the lights section. He scanned the shelves, each shelve not having what he needed. That was until he got to the last shelve, the fairy lights were there.

Then he went to the cups section, to find those glass mugs and some metal straws. He got them, put them in the basket and payed for it.

It was time to go home.

     [•|Back at the apartment|•]
JJ sighed it was time to decorate, he planned to display it all in the living room but it would get seen so quickly. Then it popped in his head, he should do it their room!

He grabbed the items and went inside his room, he set up the lights first, setting the up in a zigzag pattern. Next were the daises, he planned to have daisy petals on the bedsheets and that’s what exactly what he did.

He called Ari, since she agreed to the dinner for him.
The door bell ran and he ran to the door. Ari was there, she carried two bags with here. They both hugged and went back to do what their supposed to do.

The lights were set up and the petals were on the bed, next were the two more gifts. He placed the bouquet of daises between the pillows as well as the crocheted sunflowers.

Next was to write the letter. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.

--

JJ comes out of his room, and went to the kitchen only to find Ari finished with the cooking. She already had plated the steak, the plates containing, steak with rosemary on the top and the side of the plates having sour cream for dipping.

“oh my god! Ari this looks delicious!” JJ beamed, Ari smirked “of course it is! I cooked it!” “JJ go set the table” ordered Ari, and JJ complied quickly. His eyes trailed to the clock, it was 7:00pm.

Grabbing the red silk fabric Ari brought and setting it on the table,  he grabbed the triple candle holder and set it on the table as well. Ari carried the plates and settled them down on the table, she grabbed two champagne glasses from her bag and the champagne itself.

JJ and Ari stood there, both having content smiles on their faces. JJ looks at Ari and says, “so.. how much?” “well.. there steaks are wagyu which cost 200€, champagne about 100€, so in total its 500€” “ill send to your PayPal?” “yeah sure, anyway I’mma go!” she said grabbing her stuff.
“wait.. won’t you rest?” Asked JJ, he didn’t want her to leave immediately without resting for a bit.

“as much as I would like, me, Nori and Cheems are going somewhere” she said with both bags in one hand, as they both walked to the door.

“well.. bye!! I’ll promise to PayPal you!!” “yeah, bye!!” she shouted back as she went to down the elevator.
As the elevator went down, Ari got a notification. She smiled as she looks at it, JJ sent her 1,000€. ‘gosh that generous bastard’.

——
“Surprise!” JJ shouted, Simon stood there, shook at the sight. “do you like it?! I arranged everything myself!!” JJ beams not able to contain the excitement in his voice.

“JJ.. I LOVE IT!!!” screamed Simon as he engulfs JJ in a bear hug, JJ hugs back with his arms around Simon’s waist.

“What are those?” said Simon as he walks towards the bed but he was stopped by a hand on his forearm. “as much as I love to show you the gifts I got for you, we have to eat dinner first” “yeah fair enough”

--
Both got to the kitchen, a smirk forms on JJ’s face as he heard Simon gasp in amusement. “oh my god, you did not cook this!”  Simon exclaimed as he sat down on the seat, JJ sat with him and said, “yeah, Ari did but I paid her though” Simon rolls his eyes, “why couldn’t you  just let me cook?” JJ pinches Simon’s cheeks, “because it wouldn’t be a surprise you dummy” said JJ smiling as he stared at his gorgeous boyfriend.

Simon opened the champagne, pouring his and JJ’s glasses generously with the drink. Simon rose his glass and says, “Cheers” “Cheers!”

--
Both finished their wonderful dinner, it was time for Simon to see his gifts.
JJ grabs Simon by his wrist and went to his room. “Wow.. you even got fairy lights..” said Simon amusement in voice.

JJ turn off the bedroom lights and turned on the fairy lights, he sat bedside Simon who couldn’t stop grinning ear to ear.

The couple fell, both turning to face each other with huge grins on their faces. JJ stood up and grabbed the letter, giving it to Simon.

Dear Simon,
I know you’re probably pissed because I didn’t greeted you happy valentine’s but I wanted to make our first valentine’s together special. I want you to know that I love you so much I don’t know how to describe it, anyway babe I love you and I hope you’ll like gifts I’ll give you ♡♡

The letter was raw, low effort yet It touched Simon’s heart dearly, He felt tears on the corners of his eyes, he turned his eyes away from the letter and tears actually roll off his cheeks.
JJ was holding a bouquet of daises and what caught his attention most was the bouquet with two crocheted sunflowers.

Simon smiles through the tears that rolls off his cheeks as he leaned in to hug JJ. JJ returns the hug, his large hand rubbing circles on Simon’s back.

JJ let’s out a laugh, “touched you that much?” He asked, Simon didn’t answer instead he buries his face on JJ’s neck and nods.

This was the best valentine’s day for both of them.

-----

Wow I was supposed to post this on the 14th but I was too late :(( but I rushed to finish it, so yeah! I hope you liked this!! Votes/Kudos are appreciated <33