Playing Games

Its the start of the first weekend after bigg boss ended and Teja has a later call time this Friday. The past week had been full of stolen moments with Karan where they would quickly meet for dinner after her pack up and she would rush home because she had an early call time the next morning. While on set she would realize how much she missed the moments in the house where she was free to spend as much time with him as possible. It feels like she's constantly short on hours and not able to spend her time the way she likes. Finally with a few extra hours she decides to go surprise Karan by going to his house in the morning and spending a few hours with him.

Teja's POV:

Looking at my phone I see Karan calling me again but I couldn't pick up and ruin the surprise. He would easily hear the background noise and realize I'm not on set. He's put so much effort in for me over the past week and I just want to be able to do one thing for him, but of course, he really needs to talk to me now. Letting my phone ring for a few more seconds, I instead buzz the doorbell and then finally pick up his phone.

As soon as I pick up, I can hear his sigh of relief. "Teja I've tried to call you all morning but you keep dodging my calls. Everything good?"

As he's talking I ring the doorbell a few more times. When I go to reply he interrupts by mumbling "who the fucks at the door at 10 am" and then shouts out "Pravez what are you waiting for? Open the door."

I want to laugh so badly but I control myself. "Babe just open it yourself. He must be busy with something"

"Shit ya I forgot I sent Pravez out for something. Just hold on a second ya. I'll just go get the door"

"Don't worry. I'll wait for you"

I can hear him approaching the door and all of a sudden I start to feel nervous. What if he was busy and I'm interrupting? What if he had other plans? There's no time to overthink as I see the doorknob turning. He opens the door and seeing his confused expression I can't help but laugh. "Surprise. I thought you may be missing me"

Coming out of his shock he quickly pulls me in for a hug and I remember how much I miss this.

"What? Aren't you supposed to be on set right now?"

I'm so distracted by the feeling of comfort that I forget that he even asked me a question. He pulls back a little and shifts his hands to my waist feeling the sliver of skin between my cropped sweater and jeans. I realize he's waiting for an answer and I explain "We have a late start so I thought I'd spend some time with you. Hope you don't mind"

He rolls his eyes and says "Are you stupid of course I don't mind. I just wish you had told me earlier. I ended up scheduling interviews for this morning"

Of course my surprise would go wrong. I don't want him to feel bad so I laugh it off and just say "Don't worry I'll spend time with your parents instead. By the way where are they?" As I say this I enter his apartment to look for them.

He follows behind me and closes the door. "They're downstairs walking they should be-"

In the middle of his sentence the door opens and his parents walk in.

He walks up next to me and mumbles "Here they are". His parents seem so excited but concerned to see me and quickly pull me in for hugs.

"Teja what are you doing here so early? Everything okay with your family, with the show?"

This is why I love his parents. They have been so welcoming to me and have made sure I know that they really value my presence in Karan's life. They care for me like I am another child of theirs.

"Everything's fine. I just had some time before today's shoot so I thought I would stop by. I hope that's fine"

"Teja this is like your home now. You don't have to think before coming here"