"okay, you should probably go before we have sex in front of this poor girl." ariana laughed, pecking her fiancé's cheek as he stood up, his hands still cupping over his jeans.

   dalton chuckled awkwardly, nodding his head as he scooted away from ariana and towards y/n so he could leave. the two made awkward eye contact, dalton mouthing a "sorry" before he left the room without another word.

   y/n swallowed nervously as ariana sat back down, acting as if all was well. "so, what do you have? i liked the little bit you sent to me and i used it to build up with the chorus. you do still like what i have, right?" ariana questioned.

   y/n nodded in response. "yeah, it's really good," she finally overcame the awkward feeling that was filling her bones, placing her belongings down on the table and taking a seat next to ariana.

   she flipped through her book, stopping at the part where she had copied down ariana's first verse and began to write hers. "so, uh, instead of keeping the 'just wanna know is love completely off the table?' i was thinking we could change it up for my verse." she suggested, watching as ariana furrowed her brows but nodded so she would continue.

   "okay, cool. i was thinking like 'i don't think that love's completely off the table.' you know, since my verse is more confirming that if you'd let me in, then i'd treat you right and you'd have nothing to worry about. yeah?" y/n glanced back at ariana as she finished, hoping ariana was okay with the decision.

   the italian sat back, nodding as she took in the information. "yeah, yeah i like that. i feel like it seems more like a real conversation between the two parties then," she stood from the couch, tapping a pencil she had found against her lips. "damn, now all we really need is our bridge." she spoke to herself, biting on the eraser.

   y/n hummed in agreement, biting her nails as she already began to think. "do you have a instrumental track set in mind or do we need to be thinking about that too?" she questioned the girl, thinking that if they had the instrumental, it could be maybe a bit easier to write the bridge.

y/n immediately regretted her decision as ariana visibly rolled her eyes, a loud groan escaping her. "god, i told my fucking producer to get a move on with it, but he's taking fucking forever!" ariana complained, rubbing her temples.

"hold on, let me call him right now," she growled, stomping forward to grab her phone off the couch. y/n's eyes widened and she grabbed ariana's wrists without thinking first.

"wait, don't! it's okay...we don't need it right now even though it'd be nice. he's okay, we have time." she whispered cautiously, afraid of her reaction.

ariana rose an eyebrow before her eyes trailed down to y/n's hand wrapped tightly around her wrist. y/n blushed, taking her hand away quickly and apologizing.

the girl nodded, sucking on her teeth with her tongue. "...okay," she surprisingly agreed, backing away with her arms crossed.

y/n cleared her throat, "okay, do you have any ideas going yet? don't wanna make it too upsetting for you," her voice trailed off at the end, though ariana still heard her. she decided not to say anything though, only thinking how y/n thought she could talk to her like that and get away with it.

ariana rolled her eyes instead, falling back onto the couch and curling up in a ball. "no, i have no ideas. usually dalton helps me come up with lyrics sometimes but he hasn't been much of a help lately," ariana sighed, thinking about the problems she and dalton had been having lately.

he had been so distant with her for the past few days, and then he'd get angry and take it out on her by yelling for hours. the only times they had been together is when dalton wanted to have sex or a blowjob. ariana felt used and unloved. but she decided to do nothing about it because she was publicly engaged and she already had a reputation with her past relationships. if she breaks off two engagements in a row, what would everyone think of her? the worst thing about it was that she had no one to talk to.

all except y/n.

ariana sighed and turned to the singer who had her face shoved into her book, pencil twiddling between her fingers. "can i talk to you about something? i've seen from articles that you give good advice, so. also, i trust that you won't tell anyone important. i mean for one, you don't have anyone important to tell. and two, you don't want to get your ass beat." she sent her a sweet smile to contradict her words.

y/n's thick brows furrowed, but she set down her book and pencil, giving ariana her full attention.

"good," ariana smiled, but it dropped as she thought back to her fiancé. "okay so we obviously know dalton—he's the guy who popped a boner and then left," she laughed, earning a small one from y/n too.

"god, anyway! we've been engaged for a few months and together for over a year. we've always been good, you know? but he's been so distant lately and it's worrying me. i just—i feel like he's cheating, but i don't want to accuse him of doing something like that. and this may be a little tmi, but i feel that he's just using me for sex nowadays."

y/n frowned at ariana's rant, feeling disgusted at the man she didn't even know. "well, if your comfortable with doing so, id just tell him how you feel. communication is always key in a relationship—it's the way my fiancée and i have been together for as long as we have. uh, i don't usually support this but it's you, so i don't think you'd care." y/n chuckled, bringing her legs up on the couch.

"if you think he's cheating, maybe just ask to use his phone...? usually if someone is cheating, they'd hide their phone away from their partner so they won't be caught. if he does give it to you, it would probably ease some of your worries. and you're ariana fucking grande—if you push him enough he'll tell you anything you wanna know."

the simple sentence made ariana smile and feel better already. she nodded silently, dipping her head as she stared at her hands.

y/n cleared her throat again before speaking up, "and seriously, if he's treating you so bad that you, the ariana grande, feel this way, he doesn't deserve you. you deserve better than him. after all that you've been through, you deserve someone that loves and appreciates you just as much as you do them."

ariana smiled gently, nodding again with a blush coated on her cheeks. "thanks, weirdo." she thanked, already taking y/n's advice to heart.

y/n decided to just take it and ignore the name. she smiled widely, "of course, drama queen."

"uh uh, no. you're pushing it now." ariana pointed a finger at her, a smile tugging at her lips though.

is this bitch bipolar? y/n thought to herself. just wednesday she was threatening to cut off her dick off. now she was smiling and joking with her. is she like this with everyone?

y/n held up her hands in defense, flipping her body completely around she she was on her back, her legs resting against the wall and her head dangling off the end of the couch. "i'm so very sorry."

——
hey sexys 😩😩

i like this book lol, it just might take time to pick up a lil

i love you soooooo much <33333!!!!