I pressed my back against the wall, hiding away from the two of them.

"And you will get it as soon as the job is done. Could you imagine how much money I and make from this?" Dennis spoke. "Imagine the headlines, Colwen Bass illegally smuggling wood for his furniture."

"What, "I muttered. What was he talking about?

"That wasn't the deal we had when you told me to rob her, it's been eleven days already and I still haven't gotten my money. "The men said.

What was happing here? Please don't tell me I didn't just put my trust in the wrong man.

I peaked, to have a look at what was happening. And as sure as day, he was the man who robbed me. I could recognize those green eyes any day.

Does that mean that Dennis paid someone to rob me? But what for? Why would he do this?

"And you will get your money, double that. I just can't ask Nicola to start giving me private information about Colwen. I need for her to feel like she can trust me." Dennis said. "Colwen is illegally smuggling rosewood, I just know it. I need to prove this. Once I'm done, we will both get a fat cheque. Imagine what it would do for my career?" He spoke.

So that's what this was all about, using me to get to Colwen.

I remember when the rumour started years back, someone gave false claims saying that Colwen was smuggling rosewood into the country. It's currently illegal to use it, especially for mass production because the tree species is endangered. We co-operated with the authorities, and they found that they were just false claims. I couldn't believe that someone could sink this low as to use other people to get ahead in their career.

The sad thing was that I wasn't even hurt by his actions, but by the fact that he wanted to hurt Colwen.

A part of me was relieved that he turned out to be the person that he is, that way I wouldn't feel bad about what I was about to do.

Colwen, no matter how far I wondered, my thoughts always ran back to him. He was something I couldn't run away from, my addiction.

I tip-toed out of his apartment, Dennis wasn't even worth my confrontation. From this day on, I was done with him.

I felt free as I breathed in the fresh air. "What am I going to do next?" I asked myself. I couldn't help but laugh, I felt liberated. Maybe this was what I needed to fully stop denying my feelings for Colwen.

I've always loved him, perhaps that's why I always wanted to be around him and seek his approval in everything. I couldn't stop thinking about him and just the thought of him brightened my day. I was madly and completely in love with him, so much so that I couldn't bear to lose him even if it meant that we were only going to be friends.

I noticed people staring at me from across the street as I laughed to myself.

"Love makes you crazy!" I yelled happily to them.

I needed to find him and this time I was willing to risk it all, even if it meant losing him in the end.

I climbed into a cab and drove straight to his house; he might have been at work but at least that would give me time to think about what I was to him.

I was hit by reality about what I was going to do. Suddenly all the bravery I had gathered, disappeared.

What if he had changed his mind? That he didn't love me and that it had only been a moment of weakness. Was I ready to face that?

Whichever way this was going to go, I was willing to risk it all for him.

I walked into the house, I was greeted with complete and alter silence, that's when I heard the sound of the TV in the living room.

"Here I go," I whispered to myself.

Colwen was laying on the couch with a blanket wrapped around him. He sat up straight as soon as he saw me walking in.

I continued walking and then took a seat next to him. For a while neither of us could speak, we just kept staring at each other wondering what the next one was thinking.

"Look," Colwen began. "I know that maybe things shouldn't have happened the way they did but I am not to apologize for loving you." He spoke.

He stared at me, waiting for me to speak.

I leaned forward and kissed him, I could tell he was surprised at first but soon, he responded, our kiss intensifying, both of us holding onto each other. It felt more passionate than the first, this time I knew he was mine and I was all his.

Colwen pulled away as the both of us breathed heavily.

"I'm in love with You Colwen, I wasn't ready to admit this but I deeply am." I said "I love you despite my fear of losing you if this doesn't work out, even though you care more about clothes than me and sometimes you snore in your sleep. I love you despite it all that. To me, you are perfect." I whispered.

I noticed a smile forming on his face.

"I never want to live without you, don't ever leave me again," He whispered.

We were back to kissing again.

All was right in the universe. Colwen was my best friend, and I was also in love with him and that was okay.

 Colwen was my best friend, and I was also in love with him and that was okay